Britain's Got The Pop Factor And Possibly A New..

...Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice, is possibly one of the longest titles ever!
Anyway It airs next Sunday (12th Oct), Just wondering what everyone's expectations are? Will you be watching? I've only just found out it's a 2-hour one off as well.. I will be watching, I hope it's worth it!

Cool

I'll be watching. But after having seen Phoenix Nights for the first time this weekend, I'm not expecting much.

I quite liked Phoenix Nights, It wasn't spectacular but was well worth a watch. 'They' are apparently planning a Christmas special for this year as well..

Aaron, have you seen any of the Alan Partridge series' yet? If not, I recommend you watch them straight away.

I watched most of I'm Alan Partridge S1 last weekend. A few bits which didn't really work for me, but otherwise very good.

Phoenix Nights was great, it's actually a show I thought you might like Aaron; but I've long since given up trying to work out your quite frankly bizarre taste! I think I'll watch this, if I don't forget, but have really no idea what to expect. Is it just an x-factor pisstake? Is there a story? What the hell is it??? Bits in the advert look like it might just be stringing together a load of the type of dodgy 'acts' they'd be auditioning over the credits at the end of every 'Nights'.

Quote: Aaron @ October 6 2008, 9:49 PM BST

I watched most of I'm Alan Partridge S1 last weekend. A few bits which didn't really work for me, but otherwise very good.

I almost fainted reading that.

I'm not too sure either, I'm not sure if it's all Peter-Kay like he does in That Peter Kay Thing, or if it is just a load of bad auditions with Kay somewhere in the middle.. Hmmm...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 6 2008, 9:50 PM BST

Phoenix Nights was great, it's actually a show I thought you might like Aaron

Oh, don't get me wrong. It was ok. Some very good bits here and there. So I did kind of enjoy it. It just didn't totally "gel" for me, and I was generally quite underwhelmed, given its popularity. I didn't hate it. :)

Perhaps I would enjoy the second series a bit more.

The only bit I liked was when he got stuck on his stair lift.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 6 2008, 9:51 PM BST

I think I'll watch this, if I don't forget, but have really no idea what to expect. Is it just an x-factor pisstake? Is there a story? What the hell is it???

Part one synopsis:

"It's the live final of Britain's Got the Pop Factor and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice presented by Cat Deeley and it's down to the last three finalists: R Wayne, 2 Up 2 Down and Geraldine."

Part two synopsis:

"Who will be crowned winner of Britain's Got the Pop Factor and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice ?"

Judging by the synopsis..es? I think It will be 85% Peter Kay based, with some extras thrown in. I'm looking forward to it, Bet I miss it!

Quote: zooo @ October 6 2008, 9:53 PM BST

The only bit I liked was when he got stuck on his stair lift.

:O First Beautiful People love, and now a Phoenix Nights dislike?!?! And I thought you had such good taste Zooo. It's like finding out Unicorns aren't real.

Peter Kay hasn't been fresh for about 5 years sadly. I'm not holding out high hopes.

Sorry. :(

I just really can't stand Peter Kay.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 6 2008, 10:00 PM BST

Peter Kay hasn't been fresh for about 5 years sadly. I'm not holding out high hopes.

I kind of think it's going to be a bit rubbish; but he has done good work on TV; so there's always a possibility. Of course I'm ignoring Paddy And Max there; but Nights and That Peter Kay Thing, were both very good. It's going to be crap though, isn't it. I can sort of feel it.