Reggie Perrin - Series 1 Page 31

Quote: Aaron @ July 12 2009, 11:31 PM BST

Are you familiar with Moving Wallpaper, Danny? If not, you'd love her in that. :)

*sticks on birthday present list*

Quote: Aaron @ July 12 2009, 11:31 PM BST

Are you familiar with Moving Wallpaper, Danny? If not, you'd love her in that. :)

Would I love her in that too? Huh?

I don't know, would you?

I dunno. One of them questions.

It certainly is.

Martin Clunes and Simon Nye work really well together, I really hope they continue to produce this programme. Cool

Quote: Luke Bryant @ July 27 2009, 11:52 AM BST

Martin Clunes and Simon Nye work really well together, I really hope they continue to produce this programme. Cool

They're producers? But agree with sentiment. If they can avoid episodes like the one with the school kids at the office then I think it will go from strength to strength. Now of course it will fall on its arse.

Quote: roscoff @ July 28 2009, 12:42 PM BST

They're producers? But agree with sentiment. If they can avoid episodes like the one with the school kids at the office then I think it will go from strength to strength. Now of course it will fall on its arse.

Ha ha! That would be funny!

As a sad person who uses Reggie-isms on unsuspecting Canadian work colleagues ("10 minutes late, Emergency Response Team deployed in Chinatown") I came to this remake expecting little. But that's different than the moral outrage expressed by some in the press.

I thought Clunes was OK. The supporting cast not as strong. The office sycophants are just annoying, rather than annoying/funny. I don't think it needed a whole series to build up to what I hope will be a more interesting/darker season two (as we are all familiar with the concept). But I'll watch, because it's still better than most TV over here.

According to todays Sun, this is getting a second series.

I think we may have known about that for a few months now? Anyway, yes, it's good news. I think this year should be quite a good one for sitcoms.

I don't read everything anymore. :P

I decided to give this a rewatch this week as there was something I liked about Reggie's alienation. Watched the first episode last night and didn't think it was as bad as I remembered.

Which version is better of this the old version or the new version? Personally I preferred the old version because it had a better cast and I thought they was something missing from the old version.

They work in very different ways. Each has its own merits, and I personally enjoy both fairly equally on different levels.