The Mitchell & Webb Situation Page 2

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 5 2008, 5:28 AM BST

With respect, they also wrote for the superior 1st series.

Do you know which sketches they were responsible for though? The only one I know for sure is the phone tapping one in the hotel, which I thought was a bit naff.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 5 2008, 5:28 AM BST

With respect, they also wrote for the superior 1st series.

Did they, Tim? Did they?

I haven't scanned the credits for each episode, but I know on the back of the DVD case that Mitchell & Webb's names only appear as part of the writing crew for the 2nd series.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 10 2008, 8:03 AM BST

Do you know which sketches they were responsible for though? The only one I know for sure is the phone tapping one in the hotel, which I thought was a bit naff.

And a very poorly done rip off

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8E01Mo5t4Y0

If only there was a comedy website that had writing credit lists! ;)

(Short answer is that M+W wrote Situation all by themselves but the sketches for Look, which obviously actually come from Listen, were written by a small team of which they were part)

There's a couple of poor sketches in this show - but some of the ideas (like the farmer sketches mentioned earlier) are genius. I really liked the one where they send up fake TV (way ahead of their time there)...

Chef: "let's see if he's in..."

Barry opens door

Chef: "Hi Barry, good to see you. We were worried you might be out"

Barry: "What do you mean" - turning to look at camera filming him from behind - "you've been here over an hour. You've only just gone outside again... I'm miked up!"

Chef: hastily changing the subject - "So, where's the kitchen?"

Barry: "It's where you setup all those lights!"

Quote: David Bussell @ October 10 2008, 8:03 AM BST

I guess they must have at least written the TV send-up sketches and the bits where they argue with each other - what with those sketches being so similar in format to the ones in M&W Situation

Quote: Mark @ October 10 2008, 2:09 PM BST

If only there was a comedy website that had writing credit lists! ;)

(Short answer is that M+W wrote Situation all by themselves but the sketches for Look, which obviously actually come from Listen, were written by a small team of which they were part)

But they're talking about Big Train...

Quote: Aaron @ October 10 2008, 2:12 PM BST

But they're talking about Big Train...

Ah. Right. Sorry.

(Another reason to keep things on topic - saves me looking like an idiot when I've been too lazy to read the whole thread)

Ah, so NOW we see the real reason. ;)

Ahem. ANyhoo.

Sorry for the late reply, scouring through the posts and finding diamonds, as has been said, for their sketch shows

Look > Bruiser (touchy!) > Situation

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=waEryHRUEoM&feature=related

Rofl.