The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 20

Alas, the Wii's 'Name your console' feature only has enough space for me to type 'Buttertend' :(

The drunk copper was one of the sketches only seen in the Bumper Edition. That also had a joke about personal trainers, more advert parodies and a final Butterfield sketch where he lists his New Year's resolutions.

Quote: Aaron @ December 24 2008, 12:06 AM GMT

Wasn't overly impressed, I have to say. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. A strange mix - which one gets with sketch shows by their very nature - which didn't quite work for me as I wanted it to. The least funny sketches tended to be the longest ones (in actual time, not just in feeling), whilst the shorter were the most amusing.

What he said. He would do with better writing, the performances are always spot on.

There's something about this show, that other sketch shows just don't have. I think it all comes down to Peter himself, being such a great performer, and having an arsenal of so many quality/original voices/accents. Is there going to be another series?

Quote: zooo @ December 26 2008, 9:07 PM GMT

I think he's meant to be a specific bloke that does ads like that.

He is indeed. And the similarity is amazing.

Brian Butterfield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrmMAUdD1Yg

Basil Soper from PI Helpline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoVUs3v5sSk

Quote: catskillz @ December 27 2008, 2:57 PM GMT

There's something about this show, that other sketch shows just don't have. I think it all comes down to Peter himself, being such a great performer, and having an arsenal of so many quality/original voices/accents.

That and the at times inspired or semi-surreal ideas, that go further into the odd than other shows. I imagine he will get a second series, what with him having this special. I hope so, I think he can improve.

Quote: catskillz @ December 27 2008, 2:57 PM GMT

There's something about this show, that other sketch shows just don't have.

I feel the opposite; that this is really missing something which other shows have.

Quote: Aaron @ December 27 2008, 7:40 PM GMT

I feel the opposite; that this is really missing something which other shows have.

Jokes?

Ha! Well it could do with some more of that. :)

Does anyone know if they're making a second series of this? I'd really like to see more but haven't heard anything. I know the DVD is coming out later this year, is that to coincide with series two, or . . ?

I heard that Peter turned down the offer of a second series, so the show's Christmas Special was the final episode. A shame because I feel it was a highly underrated series, that could have got even better with time.

Quote: Magnus D @ July 22 2009, 11:40 AM BST

I heard that Peter turned down the offer of a second series.

Say what?! Really? That seems quite an odd thing to do if indeed it's true.

Nice position to be in, to be able to afford to do something like that? Does sound unlikely.

He probably declined because he's got a lot of offers to appear in American movies lately. "Couples Retreat" with Vince Vaughan & Jason Bateman is one example.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 22 2009, 12:15 PM BST

He probably declined because he's got a lot of offers to appear in American movies lately. "Couples Retreat" with Vince Vaughan & Jason Bateman is one example.

Not big roles though it seems, he's in the trailer for that film for about a second! :D I hope he does do more of the sketch show at some point, as there was some truly great material on show. (And yes, a lot of duff stuff too)

Which is a writing problem, not a performance problem.