LifeSpam Page 2

F**k, I'm going to have to watch this tommorow. If Aaron dislikes it, I've got a good feeling-!

Just to make sure you stay in, it sounds like a rich mound of shite.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 24 2009, 1:01 AM GMT

Just to make sure you stay in, it sounds like a rich mound of shite.

I gotta see this thing!!

Very weak. A couple of good ideas which were dragged out ad infinitum.

I thought this was good and had overtones of Big Train/Iannucci/Morris. Whilst I wasn't roaring with laughter, there were plenty of snorts and titters.

I really liked the wives in pink first appearance and when they started flirting with the interviewer, the Boy George aversion therapy, the criminal who had committed countless crimes and the woman who lived in hair.

Each of the individual sketches were fine, but collectively the saminess became a bit wearying -a problem with this sort of high concept sketch show.

I think the most successful sketch shows are those with a producer/writer/performer (delete as appropriate) setting the tone, rather than sticking rigidly to an "idea".

Watched it, liked it a lot. Lots of funny ideas, the living in hair and multiple wife ones in particular, but I'll be very surprised if it gets a series. Looking at the type of thing BBC Three shows these days, I'm surprised they even commisioned a pilot! The cheese grating sex bit I liked too.

For me it was mostly dull, but admittedly there were so good points like the man with 1,000 wives.

I guess it wasn't my style of comedy, didn't really find it funny and quite a few of the sketches were too long.

Yeah, I liked it but some of the sketches dragged on a bit. There were more laughs from the "quick-in, quick-out"s like the man who wanted to be a dinosaur and the cheese grater. The woman with too much hair was funny as a quickie but then it dragged on and on. And on. Too much.

Funny on the whole though.

Dan

Seemed very much a rip off of a 2007 Hong Kong movie called Trivial Matters.

Say what now?

Quote: funjuggler @ February 18 2009, 8:56 AM GMT

(破事儿;)

thats actually chinese writing, but I don't think it works on this forum

Quote: funjuggler @ February 18 2009, 9:51 AM GMT

thats actually chinese writing, but I don't think it works on this forum

It doesn't, no. So what was it you were talking about?

Trivial Matters... it's a Hong Kong-produced movie made in 2007.... many of the sketches in it are the same as in Life Spam, and part of the movie title in Chinese is the same Chinese word used to describe spam (as in email spam)... I'll try and find a link for the movie with English subtitles.

Edited by Aaron - grammar.