Milton Jones Page 2

He is indeed hilarious:

My mother has got to the age where she just goes on about who's died. "Do you remember Muriel? She's just died" or, "Do you remember Arthur? He's just died." And I said, "Mum, get off the roof and give me the gun."

Quote: Graham Bandage @ September 23 2008, 1:52 PM GMT

Try The Very World Of Milton Jones, Baumski. It occasionally pops up on BBC7.

I never quite got into that which was shame because I downloaded his live show and I'd never heard better.

I am a great fan of Milton Jones and while I have not seen him live I have watched a live concert of his that was shown on TV a few months ago, plus I have seen him on Mock The week.

One joke that he used on his live show that he has also used on Mock the Week goes as follows, but much as I rack my brains I can't "get" the joke, though the audience do laugh.

"I used to teach English in Germany"
"The first day I taught them everything beginning with A"
"The second day everything beginning with B"
"C day was a bit tricky".

As I don't speak German is it a play on the word that sounds like "C day".

Or something else entirely.

Are you sure it wasn't D day?

Which would refer to the Normandy landings in the second world war?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th January 2014, 1:56 PM GMT

Are you sure it wasn't D day?

Yes, the joke is around "D-Day".

Of course, I must have just misheard it.

I have it on my Sky box from Mock The Week last night and just gone to listen to it again and while he does say "D" it does sound a bit like "C" (C and D do sound similar)

I guess because he had just said A and B I was expecting C and heard it as C.

Glad that is one thing cleared up as I have been pondering on it since I heard him do on his live show (as shown on TV) about 6 months ago.

I love Milton Jones. One of my current favourites without a doubt.
Went to see him a couple of years ago in the Amersham Arms. I'd had the comedy optimal amount of beer (2 cans of redstripe) and I wasn't really expecting too much because it was just after work on a Monday and I was tired. I love one liners and anything clever that is also silly. His unstoppable barrage of one liners got me giggling and after that I couldn't stop as each one added a bit more. He then honed in on me because I was only three rows back and every now and then he would say a punchline in my direction and I literally could not stop myself laughing. It was embarrassing to be honest, but I loved it! So rare to actually not be able to stop laughing. Came away from the pub that night with an achey tummy and for once, it was not because I'd thrown up.

I purchased Milton Jones's new DVD, On The Road, recently and felt a little disappointed. Some of the material was characteristically excellent but the pace was extremely slow. I don't see what the Grandfather charater adds to be honest.

Bloody annoyed about this as it clashes with something else tomorrow night.

Anyway I'm sure loads of you would love to see this.

https://www.epsomplayhouse.co.uk/shows/online-comedy-club-zoom#tickets

OK that link doesn't seem to work does it!

Done it. Anyone else watching tomorrow?