Milton Jones

I heard this guy for the first time the other week. I've just downloaded his stand-up recording and this guy is seriously funny. Very much in the Jimmy Carr mould but without potty-mouth. Does anyone else know about him?

He's fab! I've seen him live a couple of times now and he was great (even when I'd heard the gags before!). It's not even my sort of humour really, but the jokes are so silly you can't help but crack up. Sometimes the audience takes a few seconds to get some of the gags and then there's a huge group guffaw.

I really recommend trying to see him live. He doesn't do much TV. I think he had a radio show once, but I don't think TV knows what to do with him.

Try The Very World Of Milton Jones, Baumski. It occasionally pops up on BBC7.

I remember watching him on Paramount's The Comedy Store series years ago and thinking he was brilliant. Very, very funny.

He was most recently on ITV's 'One Night Only' on Sunday night.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 23 2008, 10:05 AM BST

Sometimes the audience takes a few seconds to get some of the gags and then there's a huge group guffaw.

That is so true.

I love Milton Jones - his routine about his peanut allergy and being held up against a wall by the school bully, playing russian roulette with a bag of Revels is brilliant!

I think it was also him that did a joke about a holiday on the Norfolk B Roads, but I'm not sure...

Couple of top Milton lines:

My mother always made me eat my vitamins and supplements until one day I nearly choked on part of the Sunday Times

I'd like to say to the man wearing camouflage and using crutches who stole my wallet earlier, 'You can hide but you can't run'

:)

So are we agreed - MJ is a comedy genius.

Yeah I've seen Milton Jones live and he is fantastic. I do love the Revels joke, that was like his "signature joke" for a while. I've seen a few newbie stand-ups use it in recent years, acting like they made it up themselves, well they're going to come a cropper if they use it in competitions or bigger venues as it is so well known.

I love his stuff. He's kind of like a Tim Vine punster but a bit more surreal.

The Very World of Milton Jones, BBC Radio 7 (as it is now), Thursday 10:30pm

for those interested. It's very funny.

Dan

Great comedian. Always makes me laugh. :D

Quote: Griff @ September 23 2008, 12:29 PM BST

Yeah I've seen Milton Jones live and he is fantastic. I do love the Revels joke, that was like his "signature joke" for a while. I've seen a few newbie stand-ups use it in recent years, acting like they made it up themselves

Yes, me too! Several times.

Although it must have been on TV or radio somewhere.

Quote: swerytd @ October 3 2008, 6:08 PM BST

The Very World of Milton Jones, BBC Radio 7 (as it is now), Thursday 10:30pm

for those interested. It's very funny.

Dan

'Tis indeed, listened last night.
:)

I've got tickets to see Milton Jones tomorrow but has anyone else seen his current tour?