That Mitchell and Webb Look Page 5

Quote: Baumski @ October 5, 2007, 11:01 AM

Can someone, anyone, tell me what's 'funny' about Mitchell and Web? Last night they adapted a Woody Allen sketch which was pretty sad. The one where the member of the audience interupts the sketch thus combining fiction with reality. Numberwang/Wordwang was funny the first time but they couldn't leave it alone, and I cannot believe how an amusing end of term show could make them one of the best double acts in the land.

Thank you and now I'm off for a little lie down before my nipples explode.

It has been really disappointing. But if you'd heard their stuff on the radio you would have thought you were in for a treat. It has not crossed over at all to TV and their third radio series became patchy too.

That Mitchell and Webb Look is out on DVD at the end of the month...
See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3300142/That-Mitchell-And-Webb-Look/Product.html]

Here's a couple of previously un-seen clips:

Doctor Sketch Basically Fine Chef Sketch

Windows Media Player and broadband connection required. Contains bad language

Oh just stop it, Mark. You're only exasperating the problem that is Mitchell and Web, God damn it.

More to do with retailers knowing they're a popular comedy duo, and that people are looking for Christmas presents as cheaply as possible. Under £10, and it presses the "Oooh, discount!" button.

Not sure I agree with Aaron's prognosis. Retailers, especially at this time of the year, want to extract the maximum amount of cash from the the public. I'd guess it's been discounted to give it an edge over the release of Peep Show 4, which, idiotically, was released within weeks of it.

It's all aspects of the same ... thingy. They push the price down a bit to grab attention. It's not significantly low, and remember that they probably buy it from the wholesaler for about a fiver, so a reasonable profit. The cheaper it is, the more likely it is to be bought 'on a whim', particularly considering that Peep Show release. It may be less than if they were selling it for the normal £12.99 or whatever, but it's more than not selling at all.

What about the second series? When's that coming on then?

When the Moon is in line with the central star of the constellation of Orilriato.

Quote: Aaron @ November 23, 2007, 9:08 PM

When the Moon is in line with the central star of the constellation of Orilriato.

Is that anytime soon?

I dunno, you'll have to text her mystic helpline and ask.

(I'm pretty sure I heard she has one, in The News of the World or something?)