That Mitchell and Webb Look Page 3

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar is complete comedy genius. Plus his bit was filmed where I live so it added an extra layer of yay. I think he's back this week.

The badly researched hospital series was fabulous and I think the snooker commentaters were much better in the second ep than the first.

Quote: katie__pillar @ September 25, 2006, 8:37 AM

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar is complete comedy genius. Plus his bit was filmed where I live so it added an extra layer of yay. I think he's back this week.

Where was that? Because it looked really familiar to me.

Richmond Green. I don't actually live *on* the Green, because I'm not a multi millionaire, but we walked past the pub where he and Ginger stole the pint dregs yesterday and I had a little chuckle. :D

: )
Ahh. I think I thought it was Ealing for some reason.

I'm not keen on the snooker commentators but just about everything else appeals.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ September 14, 2006, 10:18 PM

That was great. The Posh Waiter was excellent.

Yeah, when class-based comedy works, it really works, and that was top quality of Fry & laurie/Cleese-Python scale.

I loed it when they demanded to see the manager and the waiter said something like "Do you really think I would introduce the manager to YOU?!"

Quote: zooo @ September 17, 2006, 1:00 PM

My favourite part. I'm going to get my own theme tune to hum when I'm doing something exciting.

I've used the "Mission:Impossible" tune for years...

Tonight's felt a bit on and off. The Chip & Pin sketch dragged. I loved the Satanist type Vicar, The Green Clarinet, and Sir Digy Chicken Ceaser. Numberwang is getting a bit tired, but kind of got saved by:

"That's Numberwank"
"It's Numberwang"
"Numberwang... f**k!"

Oh, I still don't find the snooker commentators that funny to be honest.

Agree with you there. It was more miss than hit. Even Sir Digby Chicken Ceaser was a letdown and as for Numberwang and those f**king snooker commentators...enough already.

I thought the green clarinet was brilliant, nice twist at the end as well. I'm really enjoying Mitchell and Webb, whisper it but I reckon it's miles better than Little Britain.

Cooourse it is!

Wouldn't be hard though, let's face it!

I didn't like the snooker commentators throughout the first couple of episodes, but the final sketch in the series was priceless! Actually, i thought it was one of the best sketchshows I've seen in a long time, they are so often extremly inconsistent and this seemed less so. Anyone seeing their live show? I've got tickets for a couple of weeks from now, it hasn't ad great reviews though.

No sorry poor...had to hide the cushion over my face i was so embarassed...peep show is superb and I suppose I was expecting an equally high level...but no...childish and not funny really...Hale and Pace was probably better than this!

I went to see the Mitchell & Webb live show. It was all sketches, and they worked really hard to keep it pacy, with tons of fast costume changes.

The only thing was, the vast majority of the sketches were straight from the TV show which was based on the radio show, so this was the third time I'd seen/heard them. I hate to say it, but got a bit bored and felt short-changed. I expected the same characters, but not the same sketches, word-for-word. It's not as though there's been several series and they revisited the best.

On a positive note, I have now got a Numberwang mug. And I know the special snooker words to "Lady in Red."

Sounds like Little Britain Live - utter shite.