QI - Series F Page 2

Although I haven't noticed that per say, it is a possibility when you point it out. It all has to do with who the guests are really. I noticed there have been a lot of new guests who don't entirely fit the format.

I agree about certain "too interesting" guests. There is a fine line between "interesting" and boring trivia nonsense. Rory McGrath was the absolute worst! I remember Stephen had to threaten him because he wouldn't stop chiming in with the latin names of all sorts of animals.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ February 24 2009, 6:27 AM GMT

I agree about certain "too interesting" guests. There is a fine line between "interesting" and boring trivia nonsense. Rory McGrath was the absolute worst! I remember Stephen had to threaten him because he wouldn't stop chiming in with the latin names of all sorts of animals.

Yes, I believe the line was: "You're just beginning to try my patience now."

Best episode of QI was last week...

Ben Miller and Rob Brydon = Laughing out loud

You just liked the kiss. Admit it.

Is Alan Davies starting to annoy anybody else? He's constantly interrupting people with jokes and physical comedy. And it just gets annoying. Stop interrupting people and wait your bloody turn Alan.

Although sometimes he is funny, it appears that he thinks he is better than the other guests so has a right to talk over those who are not on the show every week. I'm sure that isn't really the case and he's just trying to be funny at the time when the statement is made from which he derides comedy but it's still annoying as hell.

I don't think he does it any more than anyone else, but because he's on every week, it's become noticeable to you.

The buzz around the QI forums is that last night's episode was one of the best ever. I do have to say I felt sorry for Stephen concerning last night, now knowing what Emma Thompson puts him through.

I feel very proud of myself with the most recent episode. I answered loads right! Also I really, really, REALLY love Emma Thompson, she's adorable and it was so lovely watching her interact with Stephen. You don't get to see them sharing much screentime any more.

I'm not really sure about "best ever", but it certainly was very, very funny.

I wouldn't say "best ever" either, even though I loved the line-up. My favourite episodes are the "Fingers and Fumbs" one with the Rock, Paper, Scissors game, and the last episode of series C, where the "Peter Cushing Lives in Whitstable" song was mentioned.

However, I have a feeling that the last episode of this series might be one to remember. Typically, the producers will leave the funniest episode 'til last, unless it's a Christmas Special.

Snuggliest comedy on TV.
Constantly D'lovely. xxx

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ March 4 2009, 12:11 PM GMT

Is Alan Davies starting to annoy anybody else? He's constantly interrupting people with jokes and physical comedy. And it just gets annoying. Stop interrupting people and wait your bloody turn Alan.

Although sometimes he is funny, it appears that he thinks he is better than the other guests so has a right to talk over those who are not on the show every week. I'm sure that isn't really the case and he's just trying to be funny at the time when the statement is made from which he derides comedy but it's still annoying as hell.

Alan Davies is awful. Constant interruptions, and his schtick as the ordinary/thick bloke is irritating. Also a lot of his interruptions stem from him repeating what someone else has said or someone else's gag and miming it - undermining the other contributors, putting them off and getting the audience to focus on him again.

I wouldn't say I really dislike Alan, he does come across as very sweet and childish at times. But the same as children, he sometimes he just gets so annoying you want to punch him in the face.

The miming thing annoys me so much. Just stop it! I really didn't mind him in the first few seasons, but he seems to be focussing more on the undermining, interrupting jokes than actually trying to be funny.

Here is something quite interesting. According to QI's Twitter page, the show is currently working with a British games design to make a QI DS game.