Harry And Paul - Series 2 Page 8

Ended on another good episode. Really liked this series. The first sketch show I've liked in some time.

Really good episode. I enjoyed most of the sketches apart from the American tourists. Oh, and did anyone spot Johnny Vegas?

Sophie Winkleman :S Lovey

Claudia isn't it?

Ignore me. I am getting my TV shows mixed up.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ October 10 2008, 10:15 PM BST

Really good episode. I enjoyed most of the sketches apart from the American tourists. Oh, and did anyone spot Johnny Vegas?

\o I did!! In the 'dog' show. Nice to see one of The Scousers too. Laughing out loud I thought this was the best episode all round.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 10 2008, 10:20 PM BST

Nice to see one of The Scousers too.

It was nice, wasn't it?

Yes

Great last episode of quite a strong series. Watching Little Britain straight after made me appreciate it even more. Hope they do a third series, I can't imagine them not. And I hope, if they do, that Big Suze is back too.

I loved how they finished off Coffee Shop Simon's story.

The Northerner sketch was funny too... but I bet the BBC get some letters about that tomorrow!

Shame to see it go, especially as it means less Sophie Winkleman, Laura Solon, Alice Lowe and Catherine Shepherd on my screen - four very talented comedy actresses (and hotties <3)

Not bad at all. Some characters got a sense of closure but also some loose threads to explore if they get more series.

That was Johnny Vegas as the alcoholic Northerner, wasn't it?

I do wish they'd done more variations of the Landlady sketch. I thought they'd do that after the one on sweets but they just went back to him as a writer.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ October 7 2008, 4:31 PM BST

"Twinings! Twinings!"

I missed the Kingdom sketch first time round, but I have to say that after watching it on YouTube, I find the premise staggeringly unfair. 'Kingdom' was never a fluffy lovely show, it was about a man whose brother faked a suicide in order to escape debt problems and whose sister was very badly mentally ill for god's sake.

Quote: Culfy @ October 11 2008, 1:47 PM BST

I missed the Kingdom sketch first time round, but I have to say that after watching it on YouTube, I find the premise staggeringly unfair. 'Kingdom' was never a fluffy lovely show, it was about a man whose brother faked a suicide in order to escape debt problems and whose sister was very badly mentally ill for god's sake.

And very good it was too.

I shouldn't think that Stephen Fry's crying into his tea over one sketch, though.

Very good end to the series. Nice to see Simon making some progress with Magda - and a nice little twist on it too. I didn't think it was quite as much of a laugh-out-loud as some previous episodes, but still plenty to keep my attention. Hopefully they'll get a third series commissioned.

Had not watched this, because much as I like Paul, I am not a fan of Harry. However I caught the last episode by accident, and rather enjoyed it. I shall look forward to the repeat.

I can't understand Johnny Vegas appearing in that sketch.

By the way, a lot of people probably don't realise that St Helens, which is where Vegas comes from, is actually part of Merseyside.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, did anyone see Alexei Sayle interviewing Enfield, last month, on his BBC documentary about Liverpool? Enfield admitted that he based the whole perm and moustache look of the Scousers, on the Brookside character from the 1980s, Terry Sullivan. I've spent years wondering where he got the inspiration for the look. Someone once told me that various permed members of Liverpool's 1970s teams had inspired him, but I always doubted that, as many of them weren't even Scousers, e.g. Souness (Scottish) and Keegan (Yorkshire?).