Harry And Paul - Series 2

Following on from the first series 'Ruddy Hell! It's Harry And Paul' with a title change (which unsettles me greatly), the new Harry And Paul series started this week on BBC One. It's broadcasting on Friday nights at 9pm.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/harry_and_paul/

So far, reaction has been generally pretty positive...

From what I saw of 'Ruddy Hell...', this is already a vast improvement IMO. I particularly liked the 'Chocalatier', 'Rap DJs' and 'Posh Builders', but that's probably because they reminded me of their old stuff.

I thought it was okay. It's not really my thing though. Agree with Ian G about the Posh Builders though. :)

Just watched it some really good stuff. I loved the Dragons Den. But how sad to see the end tribute.

I am very glad they seem to have listened to their negative reviews and not ignored them like alot of comedy shows seem to do. The new series is looking to have trimmed all the poor stuff from the first one and refined the already strong ideas. Both of them seem to have a knack for surrealist humour and I'm glad to see the observational humour is looking to be tightened up. The Clean Chavs was basically a poor attempt to improve an idea that had already been done best in Wayne and Waynetta slob.
Looks like I was right to come back..or was I?
;)

Dragon Den was pure comedy gold. Whitehouse saying 'Ringadingalingasingalingading' as Theo had me in stitches.

As did his virutoso performance as the football manager.

PW is truly a master.

I love him.

I look forward to episode 2.

Quote: Winterlight @ September 7 2008, 9:26 PM BST

I love him.

I look forward to episode 2.

It's only these last few years I've realised just how good Whitehouse is. His timing is impeccable, he's got a great range of voices and he can work every part of a scene, getting laughs for just a little nod or look.

Quote: Gelgoog @ September 7 2008, 7:19 PM BST

The new series is looking to have trimmed all the poor stuff from the first one and refined the already strong ideas.

I think much of this credit probably goes to Geoffrey Perkins taking over production on series two. He really did understand the importance of good script editing. God, he's going to be missed.

It's shocking to think that everyone thinks BSG users hate anything on TV. We like this!

Didn't watch it due to the shambles that was 'Ruddy Hell!' watching a couple of comedy legends making chumps of themselves (Likewise Jasper Carrot on Goldenballs). But seen as it has a positive reaction, I will tune into the repeat on Monday or Tuesday night. Still have a bad feeling about it mind.

The one thing I didn't really like were the opening titles.

This is that rare thing: comedy professionals actually earning their money and producing something pretty funny. If only the rest of the Beebs vast army of comedy whores could follow suit we might have more stuff worth watching.

Really enjoyed the first episode, much better than last series; and The Bourne Identity spoof was great. (Or was it?)

Great show, with comprehensive performances from the 'old-timers'.