Please Sir! TV series

Does anyone know which school they used to film the outside scenes of Fenn Street Secondary Modern from that great late sixties/early seventies show Please Sir!, starring John Alderton? I know the writers of the series John Esmonde, and Bob Larbey both attended the same South London grammar school. Someone somewhere must know!

Cheers,

Andy.

Derek Guyler and his washboard. Kewl. Lol

Sorry, can’t answer the question but if anyone interested “Please Sir” is starting a run on Men and Motors starting at Tuesday 6th March at 10.30 PM

Barry, you are my scheduling God. Now just to pray that I *HAVE* M&M...

And I do!

Note to self: 286.

Thanks, Barry! :)

Oh wow; it's actually part of a triple line-up!

10:00pm - On The Buses
10:30pm - Please Sir
11:00pm - Peep Show

And breathe. :)

(Just hope they're starting all three from series 1 episode 1.)

Being Men & Motors I’m not sure that it’s that “Peep Show” could be wrong but a program called Peep Show has been running on M&M for sometime I assumed it didn’t star Mr. Mitchell and Webb but never got round to checking

Does anyone know for sure, its on tomorrow at 23:05 if anyone wish to check.

Overlook On the Buses so cheers

Well, knowing the kind of channel that M&M is, I thought that at first. But DigiGuide specifically tells me that it's comedy, and that it's a new series. And in a new comedy lineup, it would make sense (even if the others are true vintage). Oh well, we'll see.

Forgot to check this “Peep Show” did anyone else check

Just checked DigiGuide again, and it's now listed as 'Adult Entertainment', rather than 'Sitcom'. So I guess there's our answer.

I see the 3rd Series of Please Sir is to be released within the next few weeks.

Quote: Aaron @ February 26, 2007, 12:20 AM

(Just hope they're starting all three from series 1 episode 1.)

Please Sir started with series 3 episodes 1

On The Buses has started from the very beginning, nice to see that not all channels are afraid to show black and white stuff.

Nice

Not sure what happened to “Peep Show” I’ve recorded the first few minutes of “Booze blitz”

Yeah, I was rather annoyed about Please Sir!. Wasn't sure if it was series 2 or 3 though, thanks. Will have to try and get the DVDs I think.

So what’s going on with M&M showing the same episodes of this and on the buses two weeks running… weird?

Exactly what I thought. I hope it was just a mix-up and it's the next ones next week.

I love Please Sir, I have the first two series on DVD. A question for Aaron, what do you think of ITV's best sitcom, On the Buses