Mockumentaries... Page 6

Surprised there's no mention of Norbert Smith: A Life or Smashey and Nicey: An End of a Era. Probably the last decent Enfield did. Ho-hum.

Quote: Clockface @ October 2 2009, 5:03 PM BST

Smashey and Nicey: An End of a Era. Probably the last decent Enfield did.

The latest series he did with Paul Whitehouse wasn't bad, I thought.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2009, 5:13 PM BST

The latest series he did with Paul Whitehouse wasn't bad, I thought.

It had it's moments but it wasn't up to what he used to do. Although I did enjoy 'I saw you coming' sketches.

Bostock's Cup.

One off ITV (I think...) show with Tim Healey playing a lower league football manager. Similarities with Mike Bassett are obvious though this preceded Bassett by a good few years.

Talking of mockumentaries. Anyone know much about this new Shane Meadows' film, a mockumentary starring Paddy Considine?

Le Donk & Scorz-ayz-ee

Out October 9th. :)

Quote: Badge @ September 3 2008, 8:47 PM BST

Is "Norbert Smith - a Life" done documentary style? I can't remember, but surely due a repeat in tribute to Geoffrey Perkins

Quote: Clockface @ October 2 2009, 5:03 PM BST

Surprised there's no mention of Norbert Smith: A Life or Smashey and Nicey: An End of a Era. Probably the last decent Enfield did. Ho-hum.

Bellamy's People.

Has Modern Family been mentioned yet? Great new-ish American sitcom.

It got a mention earlier in the thread.
But The Rutles deserves another one IMO.

Quote: Mick Green @ October 3 2009, 11:03 PM GMT

Bostock's Cup.

One off ITV (I think...) show with Tim Healey playing a lower league football manager. Similarities with Mike Bassett are obvious though this preceded Bassett by a good few years.

Was this the drama-doc with Ncik hancock and Neil Pearson about a club called Nelson Bostock which blags their way to the FA cup final

Quote: Mick Green @ October 3 2009, 11:03 PM GMT

Bostock's Cup.

Shown in 1999, Bostock's Cup was pure class. A ficticious struggling old Division 3 club, winning the FA Cup in 1974, in a parallel universe, when it was really Liverpool who won it. The matches were against real teams, not made up clubs. The football action combined clips from Sunderland's 1973 FA Cup campaign with close ups of the actors in their red and white stripes.

It spoofed the 70s brilliantly. Hairstyles, clothes, attitudes, etc. The Cup Final song they recorded for a single was similar to Mud's Tiger Feet. The closing credits pictured the players are they are now, owning pubs, with the reserve player Tim Healy sacked, saying "he wasn't good enough" now wearing an England strip.

As far as I know, it's never been repeated. I wish it would.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 2 2008, 6:01 PM GMT

Ah yes, classic Comic Strip, Bad News(predecessor to Spinal Tap) and the More Bad News sequel.

Not sure it did precede Tap because they were both in production at the same time. (according to Wikipedia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_News

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 17 2010, 9:57 AM GMT

Has Modern Family been mentioned yet? Great new-ish American sitcom.

I never think of that as a mockumentary.
Just as an odd style of sitcom.

I suppose because we never see any camera crew or anything or hear them ask questions. (not that we did in The Office either.)

It's a weird genre.

Quote: zooo @ January 18 2011, 1:17 AM GMT

I never think of that as a mockumentary.
Just as an odd style of sitcom.

I suppose because we never see any camera crew or anything or hear them ask questions.

I can't remember, but is it ever explained who they're talking to and why?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 18 2011, 9:06 AM GMT

I can't remember, but is it ever explained who they're talking to and why?

No.