Milestone posts Page 206

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 11:30 AM

PHWOAR! Lovey

( on second thoughts..................Sick)

Hehe..."We're gonna need a bigger spoon!"

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 1st May 2019, 12:16 PM

Well done. This post should get me to exactly 300. A nice round number to leave it at, I think.

Good work. I used to always want to retire on nice round numbers. And sometimes did, but then came back until the next round one.

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd May 2019, 11:49 AM

Good work. I used to always want to retire on nice round numbers. And sometimes did, but then came back until the next round one.

I'm sure it won't take me long to get to 400. Prioritizing ambitions like a boss, here.

I reach 15K and all it's been about is this 300. :(

I think I'll have a sex changed if that's what you need to do to get recognition.......................(I think Chip maybe a lady too). Too many ladies on this forum methinks.......................

Brrrt Brrrt....Brrrt Brrrt............................ "Hello"

"Is that the Acme Insurance Co.?"

"Yes"

"I'd like to take out some extra life cover please"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 2:33 PM

I think I'll have a sex change if that's what you need to do to get recognition.......................(I think Chip maybe a lady too). Too many ladies on this forum methinks.......................[/i]

You're doing very well, Herc. Since you joined the forum, you've put in over 2000 posts a year. Extrapolating my own astounding total of 300 in roughly two months to a full year...I should clear about 1800, which does indeed make your achievement far more worthy of congrats. I will try harder.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 2nd May 2019, 3:22 PM

You're doing very well, Herc.

Fankoo...........................(or is she just patting me on the head)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 3:42 PM

Fankoo...........................(or is she just patting me on the head)

How could you think that of me!
...and after all those special ointment moments we shared! <cries>

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 2:33 PM

I think I'll have a sex changed if that's what you need to do to get recognition.......................(I think Chip maybe a lady too).

Laughing out loud

I'm a man. In fact in the early pioneer days of the BCG - when it was the British Sitcom Guide - I was mildly renowned for my slightly risqué and sexually provocative avatars. Ah, happy days.

But on the broader point I like to encourage new shoots. At 15k you're an old shoot.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd May 2019, 9:29 AM

Laughing out loud

I'm a man. In fact in the early pioneer days of the BCG - when it was the British Sitcom Guide - I was mildly renowned for my slightly risqué and sexually provocative avatars. Ah, happy days.

But on the broader point I like to encourage new shoots. At 15k you're an old shoot.

:O What!? Did you have a willy for an avatar?

Yes I am old wood; but with your count, what does that make you? Whistling nnocently

Oh, I missed my 3k one
I wasn't taking much gorm.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd May 2019, 10:11 AM

Oh, I missed my 3k one
I wasn't taking much gorm.

I COULD say congrats, but as mine passed without comment.......................AND I'm goin' to tell my Dad about you and my Dad's bigger than your Dad, so there. :P

You're not far behind me are you!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2019, 7:23 PM

Thank you fans, and yes Tarbs it is a puppet, Chappers is correct and is none other than Hercules Grytpype Thynne himself from the Telegoons, which was a TV "version" of the radio programme of which I am an ENORMOUS fan - the radio show, that is. HGT was voiced by Peter Sellers (amongst many other characters) and I am an enormous fan of his, so my avatar is a sort of homage to Peter.

The "puppet" show I always thought was a bit crude, but here's one that one of the puppeteers has put up on YouTube - you can see HGT at about 4 mins. in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BflmK8n6gbM

Ahhh thanks Herc I think I posted about a year ago the avatar looked familiar and I wanted to work out what it was from but finally had to give up. It looks a bit scary and I don't think I could have watched it alone as a kid :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd May 2019, 4:50 PM

Ahhh thanks Herc I think I posted about a year ago the avatar looked familiar and I wanted to work out what it was from but finally had to give up. It looks a bit scary and I don't think I could have watched it alone as a kid :D

It was quite spooky I remember. A bit like the Rupovia puppets at around the same time

While it seems I've only made a paltry 624 posts, in my previous incarnation here as Keewik, I made 6364 posts, which brings the total to 6988