Marc Blake's consultation service

I know that the BSG website has some great testimonials about Marc blake's consultation service, but has anyone on this board ever used it? If so, is it really as good as the testimonials say it is? Is it worth the money?

I haven't tried it. But I have just bought his (teeny tiny!) book about writing sitcoms. Which is ace.

I used it and found it of some use as a new writer as Marc pointed out some basic formatting errors. Marc did go into far too much depth for my liking and clearly misunderstood some of the simple comedy. I would only recommend it if you really feel you need it. The cost wasn't excessive really, he charged me £50.00.

Hope this helps

Quote: Colin Cliffe @ September 4, 2006, 10:35 PM

Hope this helps

Yes, it does. Thanks!

I've got his book as well. It is good. :)

I've got the sitcom writing book too. There's a "How to be a Comedy Writer" book in the same range also by Marc (published by Summersdale) which I've also found helpful.

Both are great. :)

Although not specifically written with comedy in mind I still swear by William Goldman's 'Which Lie Did I Tell?'.

is that a book about writting for TV? Because I'd like a book that's about writting for film as well.

He's written loads for Hollywood (Butch Cassidy and The Sun Dance Kid, The Princess Bride). He's written a couple of books on the subject of writing. The first one is called 'Adventures In The Screen Trade' and the second is 'Which Lie...'.

They're both really good, well worth reading and extremely informative. It's mostly about writing film scripts but a good 80% to 90% of the advice can be applied to all types of writing.

okay, i'll check 'em out. cheers! :)