The Wrong Door Page 3

Well, sorry to be so negative, but, apart from the first spiderman sketch being sort of funny, the rest was a complete waste of money...

...Money better spent on sitcoms written by writers who frequent the writer's forum at BSG.

Yeah, so I know BSG's Phil was involved, but he really needed to be blessed with better fellow writers.

Oh dear. That was bad, and I think I'm being overly kind.

I watched about half of it and I didn't like any of it, apart from that beer fairies thing which was one of those 'This is quite funny but not enough to cause physical laughter' type things.

I just watched this, my overall re-action was .. oo doesn't that look good... but no laughter the Nemesis anoying thing I didn't really get where the humor was..

I thought the sketches at the start were better than at the end. The spider-arse sketch was my favourite with the guy proposing with birds sketch being another good one. A few just didn't work or didn't need repeating but I'll be watching next week.

If they didn't spend a lot on CGI then they must have on the cast!

The whole dino boyfriend was just old hat and soooo bad it could have been done with such better spins on it.

So obvious you have to wonder did anyone right the sketch beyond: 'Woman has a boyfriend who's a dino, predictable behaviour ensues when they meet her parents'

It also suffers from two many twists. Women doesn't know boyfirend is dinosaur, could work. Said Dinousaur worked for Nottingham University, that's just silly.

Sketches that a child could write.

Also, lazy writing with no punchlines and relying just on CGI.

Oh dear. What were they thinking. :(

Quote: Mikey J @ August 29 2008, 12:12 PM BST

Sketches that a child could write.

Also, lazy writing with no punchline and relying just on CGI.

Oh dear.

I'd largely agree. Too much CGI and not enough good writing.

If they want material, there's a whole pool of it in the Critique forum.

Quote: Mikey J @ August 29 2008, 12:14 PM BST

If they want material, there's a whole pool of it in the Critique forum.

Steady. I said good writing. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ August 29 2008, 12:16 PM BST

Steady. I said good writing. ;)

Touché ;)

Haven't watched it yet but from Brodacast...

BBC3's new comedy sketch show The Wrong Door attracted 546,000 (3.5%) at 10.30pm last night, the highest ever audience for the launch of a comedy on the channel.

The half-hour programme peaked in the final 15 minutes on 564,000 (3.8%). The first episode of the six-part series was just behind the channel's slot average of 558,000 (4.1%).

Quote: dannyjb1 @ August 29 2008, 9:25 AM BST

The whole dino boyfriend was just old hat

Eh? Why? Who else has been doing it?

Wasn't there a film in which Whoopie Goldberg starred as a cop with a dinosaur partner?