The Wrong Door Page 2

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2008, 12:57 AM BST

Ooooh, would he be off T.T.O.I.? If so, me too.

Yes, that's the one. He was great in T.I. too!

Oh noes. Now I'm stuck.

*five minutes pass*...
No, I'm with you now! He played the G.D.

No secret, I wrote the Superhero Tryouts and maybe some other odds and sods. So I guess A. M. is Alex McQueen but T.T.O.I? T.I? You've lost me.

To be blunt it's shockingly poor, not only is it profoundly unfunny, but it's a case of spot the film/tv show it ripped off.

The most annoying creature is quite fun, but thats not much.

Sex fantasy guy is good.

Wasn't going to watch this because the trailers have been so poor, but with Mark's recommendation and Phill's undoubted talents, will give it a go. The website is superb.

Quote: Mark @ August 28 2008, 12:49 AM BST

They've clearly spent an absolute packet on the project. Not only is there all that movie-standard CGI in the show

I dunno, I've heard from more than one place that the CGI wasn't that big a deal.

The CGI is the kind you get on Scifi channel films they show during the day.

It's way below Battlestar and inferior to Dr Who.

I suspect it's quite cheap.

Quote: Phill @ August 28 2008, 10:10 AM BST

No secret, I wrote the Superhero Tryouts and maybe some other odds and sods. So I guess A. M. is Alex McQueen but T.T.O.I? T.I? You've lost me.

T.T.O.I = The Thick Of It. T.I. = is a rather obscure reference to The Inbetweeners :) I was going to put H.33 (= Hut 33 initally, but that might have given the game away)

Did you get to meet the actors Phill?

Quote: sootyj @ August 28 2008, 10:54 AM BST

The CGI is the kind you get on Scifi channel films they show during the day.

Well, it impressed me. I still stand behind the fact it must have cost a bomb. Even if it is 'cheap' CGI, the modelling of the dinosaur alone probably cost more than all the props in the previous few BBC3 sketch shows combined?

I read an article about the making of The Wrong Door in Broadcast the other week. Apparently it was more a case of man hours than cost. You can knock out a dinosaur like that on a home PC given adequate time and prep.

And once somethings done it's done.

I bet it was a pirate version of one of those dinos off Walking with Dinosaurs.

Quote: sootyj @ August 28 2008, 12:19 PM BST

I bet it was a pirate version of one of those dinos off Walking with Dinosaurs.

Pirate dinosaurs?!

Serf, hand me my quill, there is much to be done...

Jurassic Treasure Island? Land before lime and rum?

Starring Long John Velocaraptor.

Quote: Mark @ August 28 2008, 11:37 AM BST

Did you get to meet the actors Phill?

Sort of. I didn't meet them during filming; but I did bump into them at the screening. Or rather, I bumped into Neil Fox, introduced myself and quickly realised I had nothing to say to him.

Whilst standing in complete silence waiting for this woman to stop asking directions to somewhere and get out of the way of the door ... I noticed the woman was actually Pippa Haywood, which made the guy standing on the other side of Neil, Alex McQueen. However, by that point the prospect of making a prick out of myself to three people instead of one didn't really appeal.

Regarding the effects; I'm guessing while they're massively expensive for a sketch show - but the whole series probably cost less than a single episode of Doctor Who. I reckon Wrong Door has a lot more effects shots per episode too.

Vampire Weekend. Like it. Not sure about the spider bloke shitting though.

Edit; Didn't find anything funny in there. Pity. I'll have another look next week though.

The alcohol fairies was a good sketch and the "go up a level" employee/boss was a nice idea. Overall though I didn't think tonight's episode delivered many laughs and seemed to be more style over substance. Huge cast, by the way. Don't think I've ever seen that many people involved in a single sketch show.