The Olympics Page 7

Quote: catskillz @ August 7 2008, 1:06 PM BST

I remember at the last Olympics, seeing, what seemed like a dancing event, for horses! So why not people?

Dressage, I think that is called. Pointless!

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2008, 1:55 PM BST

Dressage, I think that is called. Pointless!

You're in quite a foul mood today.

I'm in the same mood as I always am. You just seem to have brought up some particularly annoying points. :P

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ August 7 2008, 1:27 PM BST

Oh yeah great pick there Nick, couldn't even manage to get his weight right so now he is being sent home! Someone needs their arse kicking for that one. I mean what has been the cost over the past four years to get him to the Olympics, trainers, dieticians, coaches not to mention the flights! Angry

Yeah.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 7 2008, 10:52 AM BST

Even at an amateur level football is still tied to the F.A. Besides the Olympics aren't amateur teams for football, they're just Under-23 teams, with three older players.

Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland fear that entering a combined team would lead to Fifa forcibly combining the four home nations at all levels. Really Fifa should give them assurances that this won't happen, but Sepp Blatter is a bit of a moron and he seems to have a desire to mess with British football as much as possible. It would only really affect Scotland severely. Wales' best teams already play in the English leagues, N. Ireland don't really have the set up that we do but Scotland, obviously, have a strong footballing heritage and strong teams.

Good point, Seb does hate British football. I thought Celtic and Rangers wanted to play in the Prem though? Lots more money.

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ August 7 2008, 1:27 PM BST

Oh yeah great pick there Nick, couldn't even manage to get his weight right so now he is being sent home! Someone needs their arse kicking for that one. I mean what has been the cost over the past four years to get him to the Olympics, trainers, dieticians, coaches not to mention the flights! Angry

I'm gutted he isn't going to be there. It's a disgrace though, they should have forseen any problems he'd have with making the weight much sooner than the day before the opening ceremony. Now our first ever world amateur champion won't be at the Olympics, what a cock up!

You are a dirty old man, and I claim my £5.

Who's going to be the first to say "she can wrap her fingers round my pole" then?

I think I may give it a watch too.

Quote: Aaron @ August 7 2008, 6:58 PM BST

You are a dirty old man, and I claim my £5.

What's this "I claim my 5" all about? Someone said it (well, typed it) to me, the other day.

Quote: catskillz @ August 7 2008, 2:44 AM BST

I hear they're having various BMX events, at this Olympics. It should be pretty interesting.

I like watching BMX stuff!

The X Games, I used to LOVE watching.

What kind of BMX events are there going to be? Is it like vert ramps and stuff, or those big jumps where they do little tricks?
Or just boring boring races round and round. :(

Quote: Griff @ August 7 2008, 6:30 PM BST

I might watch the pole vault this year.

... I like the olympics ...

She looks amazing!

That is one thing sports are good for (well, some very specific sports) ogling fit people!

I like swimming for said fit men. And diving. And sometimes gymnastics.

Quote: Griff @ August 7 2008, 7:33 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Ha.
I'd forgotten those characters.

Quote: Griff @ August 7 2008, 6:30 PM BST

I might watch the pole vault this year.

Holy shit dude!

Quote: Griff @ August 7 2008, 7:11 PM BST

You're not getting five quid out of me Aaron. Anyway my platonic interest in the athletic spectacle of the pole vault is positively healthy compared to your dark fixation with watching Nigella stuff her fat face with lardy cake and dog food.

:O

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2008, 7:28 PM BST

She looks amazing!

That is one thing sports are good for (well, some very specific sports) ogling fit people!

I like swimming for said fit men. And diving. And sometimes gymnastics.

Why does this not surprise me? :D