The Olympics Page 125

Were the Coxless Fours trying to get revenge for Euro 2020?

One good thing about these Olympics is because State Sponsored Russia has been banned that at least these games are "clean!"

It is something of a farce when Russia are banned but their athletes are there.

And well done to the BMX guys, which I didn't even know was in the Olympics until yesterday.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th July 2021, 6:39 AM

And well done to the BMX guys, which I didn't even know was in the Olympics until yesterday.

Not a fan of the Olympics, but did get quite emotional when that GB girl won gold in a BMX event, which was on the news this morning.

We got a silver too, so I used 'guys' to celebrate both their achievements. It sounded better than 'humans' or 'persons'.

But a girl is not a guy.................... Whistling nnocently

And well done to the young lad too. :D

But it's not the same what with the lack of crowds because of all this foot and mouth disease.

Usually I like to watch those women who somersault on joss sticks. Then I give my own marks out of six for pupil dilation. Now that they have covered up their swimming trunks with kaftans, frankly I am not so engaged with it - especially as you can't even see their bras.

I am, though, looking forward to the 800m bong sleigh, the amphetamine boarders and the five day sitar playing marathon. All of those events should hopefully push Goa and Ibiza up a bit in the chest medallion table.

As for whether the BBC was right to choose Ebeneezer Goode as this year's theme tune, I firmly believe that is something which is purely down to individual choice.

What happens when ROC competitors win medals?
There is no Russian flag on the outfits worn by ROC competitors at these Olympics, although they are allowed to wear blue, red and white tracksuits as long as they do not have the word 'Russia' on them or any other national emblems.

If they win a medal, then a flag featuring the Olympic rings and three flames is lifted during the ceremony.

And if they win gold, Russian composer Pyotr Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No 1 is played rather than their thunderous national anthem.

That's what I like to see - ask a question and answer it yourself, all in the one post. :D

The Olympics has got too political for me, banning countries, but not their clean athletes is nuts, so too is having a refugee team. And now the athletes themselves have come down with an outbreak of wokeness, refusing to compete because the training's been too hard or they just don't like their coach. The Olympics in the the age of the snowflake. Ill

Ten things it is surprising you don't see in these Olympics......

Tricycles
Camel racing
A ten pin bowling alley
Men on inflatable unicorns
Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
Shove ha'penny boards
Competitive sheep shearing
Geisha girls
Formula 1
An international nuclear catastrophe

I see that manly looking woman failed in the weightlifting. Hope she didn't strain her bollocks.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd August 2021, 8:00 AM

I see that manly looking woman failed in the weightlifting. Hope she didn't strain her bollocks.

Quite Herculnian

German Pentathlon coach fired for punching horse.

Japan beat USA at baseball...

Wuuuut?