Let's All Play A Game Page 1,408

What is this now...I can't keep up. Is it difficult?

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 3rd May 2019, 9:13 PM

Oh God, don't encourage him - this became boring LONG before the last post last year. Don't worry yourself abart it - just let it RIP.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 3rd May 2019, 9:13 PM

It's a fun thread and a good way for BCGers to share their musical tastes so I'm surprised it's been dormant for so long and Herc is suggesting it's put to rest.

The rules are you have to post a song which contains a word from the previous song and It can be from the artist or track title. I think the only specific rules are you can't repeat the artist or track title but there is another aim to make it as hard as possible for the next player. Words like so, and, if, or etc are not allowed but the lack of defined rules is what causes threads like these to lose appeal especially when the thread starter stops posting because they don't visit the site any more through disinterest or more understandably, death.

The last go was from Mr Chappers with Europe - In The Future To Come.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th May 2019, 12:41 AM

It's a fun thread and a good way for BCGers to share their musical tastes so I'm surprised it's been dormant for so long and Herc is suggesting it's put to rest.

The rules are you have to post a song which contains a word from the previous song and It can be from the artist or track title. I think the only specific rules are you can't repeat the artist or track title but there is another aim to make it as hard as possible for the next player. Words like so, and, if, or etc are not allowed but the lack of defined rules is what causes threads like these to lose appeal especially when the thread starter stops posting because they don't visit the site any more through disinterest or more understandably, death.

The last go was from Mr Chappers with Europe - In The Future To Come.

Er, I take issue with the "fun" as I found it was getting very stale and as if to prove that people dropped out and it was left to a couple of stalwarts (Chappers for one) to drag it on until it fizzled out back in 2018.

"but the lack of defined rules"?? Au contraire but there were, which we all agreed on when it was at the height of its popularity: -

1/. No part or added words - e.g. (OR's point) Sting - Stinger, Adam - Adamski
2/. No "the" or "and"
3/. No repeating of a band, unless it is impossible. (GB's point) someone posts Xerox - Inxs
4/. No plurals or lack of
5/. No repeating of a track e.g. Yesterday
6/. No hyphenated names (Chappers point) eg. Fairweather - Low or lack of from previous post
7/. No acronyms (Horse's) IOU for I Owe You

By all means carry on if you think it still has legs....................you never know, I might even change my mind. ;)

The Future Will Come - The Juan MacLean

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2019, 7:25 AM

Er, I take issue with the "fun" as I found it was getting very stale and as if to prove that people dropped out and it was left to a couple of stalwarts (Chappers for one) to drag it on until it fizzled out back in 2018.

"but the lack of defined rules"?? Au contraire but there were, which we all agreed on when it was at the height of its popularity: -

1/. No part or added words - e.g. (OR's point) Sting - Stinger, Adam - Adamski
2/. No "the" or "and"
3/. No repeating of a band, unless it is impossible. (GB's point) someone posts Xerox - Inxs
4/. No plurals or lack of
5/. No repeating of a track e.g. Yesterday
6/. No hyphenated names (Chappers point) eg. Fairweather - Low or lack of from previous post
7/. No acronyms (Horse's) IOU for I Owe You

By all means carry on if you think it still has legs....................you never know, I might even change my mind. ;)

So, I'd have to keep trawling back through past answers (1400 pages wtf) to check they haven't been said already...I think I'll give it a miss.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 5th May 2019, 11:07 AM

So, I'd have to keep trawling back through past answers (1400 pages wtf) to check they haven't been said already...I think I'll give it a miss.

That wouldn't matter. Just not say the one before last.

I did cheat a bit here because I couldn't get anything to follow.

Still ----

Come home - Dave Clark Five.

Five Feet High And Rising - Johnny Cash

It wasn't me Herc!

Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUQiUFZ5RDw

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th June 2019, 10:38 PM

Five Feet High And Rising - Johnny Cash

YAY! A welcome is under Absent Friends. Cool

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2019, 10:46 PM

It wasn't me Herc!

OK yes, I see Chappers old Chap - it's Gordon, and all's right with the world. :)

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2019, 10:46 PM

It wasn't me Herc!

Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUQiUFZ5RDw

Moon Over Bourbon Street - Sting

"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" - George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers

There's A Tear In My Beer - Hank Williams

As no one else seems to be playing I will have to go for:

"Script For a Jester's Tear" by the Marillions

- as all other tear-based songs that I can think of are in the plural.

Ha! 'Script' and 'Jester' ... good luck!

The Script - Six degrees of separation.