Complaints?

My housemate constantly writes to different franchises to complain about silly little things and then they send him vouchers to apologise.

For example he has received £25 of starbucks vouchers because he said the new type of lid came off and burnt him. He got MacDonald's vouchers for saying the glue came off the packet of chips which made him lose all his chips and recently he said he was upset when he bought red rizzla and got green instead.

So anyway - I decide to try it myself and after a bad meal at "noodle house" beginning with W, I wrote in and complained. I have not receievd any vouchers...all I've got is a barrage of emails and phone calls asking me if I could tell them exactly where I was sitting and who served me. I really didn't want this shit.

I actually hate complaining, and now I know why I don't do it!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no!

Unlucky!

Do you think it would work with Gordon Brown?

I don't think he eats noodles.

I hate it, but it does get you free stuff. And we do put up with a lot of terrible service in the UK. But then lot of time when you complain and they argue and try and say it's not their fault byt coming up with lots of excuses and trying to blame you, instead of just saying 'I'm sorry, it we'll ensure it doesn't happen again' which is pretty much all you want to hear and you end up even more upset. Argh.

That's what I said in the email. I said, I don't want to cause trouble, but thought you should know that going for a meal and having to wait 15 minutes between my friend receiving her meal, and me waiting for mine is not on...and asking for the bill 7 times isn't funny.

Best way to get lots of freebies is to complain though!

Quote: Charley @ July 28 2008, 10:25 PM BST

Best way to get lots of freebies is to complain though!

I don't like free probing emails though!

I've been on the recieving end of complaints having worked in customer services in the past and would like to just point out that when you complain there are two things you should never EVER do. Never say "It's YOUR fault this happened". Really? Mine was it? I own the company do I? I make all the policies? No I don't so back off. This ALWAYS makes the person switch off thinking "oh great, another trumped up arse". And never EVER get personal. Remember that the poor sod on the other end isn't some cowboy trying to rip you off (though the company might), they are some poor geek who gets paid crap wages to listen to abuse 8 hours a day and probably recieved sod all training at the beginning as most places don't actually bother with teaching actually customer service these days, just how to redirect calls and fill out forms. Not their fault.

The trick is not to sound angry but just really upset and disapointed at the treatment you have recieved and if you are calling one of those "helplines" where they keep refering you to someone else, ask to speak directly to the supervisor or manager. They are actually not allowed to refuse. They will try and persuade you to speak to them but they have to allow you if they cannot provide the service you need to the satifaction of solving the issue. Hope this helps!

I just send a note saying I'm gay.

Usually works, no one wants to be called homophobic.

Do you think there are any Gay homophobes?

I suppose there must be, I hate myself sometimes!

As for complaining, I almost never complain but when I have it's usually took up loads of time. So not necessarily worth it.

Yes lots actually, and plenty of Black racists.

Self ahtred is very real in all groups.

Oasis should hate themselves plenty!

The people who sell over priced dilute squash in silly bottles?

Too bloody right.

Especially that new advert mocking Badlands.

Bastards, I should complain.

Be careful complaining in resturaunts because they do things like urinate in your soup and wipe your bread around the toilet bowl. And what are you doing living with a whiny freeloader anyway? Evict him and get yourself a shiny new flatmate.