Most attractive comedy actress Page 40

Quote: Chappers @ 9th May 2015, 10:51 PM BST

A man after my own heart.

Those on here of a certain vintage will remember I had the gorgeous Miss Taylor as my avatar.

I thought of you immediately!

Where has she gone, anyway?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2015, 10:46 AM BST

You're welcome OR.

I wish.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 8th May 2015, 9:58 AM BST

Esther Smith on the LibDem bus has been catching my eye.

I thought ALL the regular woman in that programme were good lookers. I've a thing for Sarah Hadland anyway (from her Miranda episodes), and as you say Esther Smith was lovely - as were the Labour women and Tory woman from Outnumbered. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Haven't read all the posts but has Joan Sims been mentioned? ... Are we just talking UK and on TV ? Madeline Kahn?

Sylvia Syms?

At the risk of being burned alive by feminists for telling the truth, comedy actresses tend not to be attractive in the 'phwoar!' sense of the word.

I think at the outset it's important to realise that a comedy actress is not, in any meaningful sense, simply an actress that appears in a comedy and gets laughs by reciting funny lines. Most of the women named so far in this thread fall very firmly into that category.

A comedy actress is, if we're going to be meaningful, an actress that can take what is on the face of it an entirely unfunny line or scene and, by virtue of her comedic talents, make it very funny indeed.

Example of an attractive one: Julia Louis-Dreyfus ('Elaine' from 'Seinfeld').

Quote: Darren hoskins @ 29th July 2015, 10:53 AM BST

Haven't read all the posts but has Joan Sims been mentioned? ... Are we just talking UK and on TV ? Madeline Kahn?

Do you mean in the 1950s?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th July 2015, 11:05 AM BST

Sylvia Syms?

She was more attractive in a sexy way - in the 1960s.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th July 2015, 2:06 PM BST

At the risk of being burned alive by feminists for telling the truth, comedy actresses tend not to be attractive in the 'phwoar!' sense of the word.

I think at the outset it's important to realise that a comedy actress is not, in any meaningful sense, simply an actress that appears in a comedy and gets laughs by reciting funny lines. Most of the women named so far in this thread fall very firmly into that category.

A comedy actress is, if we're going to be meaningful, an actress that can take what is on the face of it an entirely unfunny line or scene and, by virtue of her comedic talents, make it very funny indeed.

You are being very pedantic - what a surprise - but I've never seen her anyway.

Who have you never heard of Chappers? Who has been mentioned in this survey I mean.... This does seem a narrowly contemporary list.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th July 2015, 2:06 PM BST

Her whoever she is.

Now playing the president in Veep?

That probably won't help either.

Quote: zooo @ 29th July 2015, 7:44 PM BST

Now playing the president in Veep?

That probably won't help either.

Nope! What's Veep?

Chaps, have you thought about becoming a high court judge?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th July 2015, 8:12 AM BST

Chaps, have you thought about becoming a high court judge?

Laughing out loud

Dita Von Teese

The body more than the face.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th July 2015, 5:42 PM BST

Dita Von Teese

The body more than the face.

Well definitely extremely attractive but a comedy actress?

Welcome back by the way.