Chelmsford 123

Anyone remember this sitcom a sort of spin off from Whos Dares Wins. I remember it as being genius but suspect it wouldn't hold up after this long.

Not avaialble on DVD yet I think too.

Genius? Correct.

When Rory McGrath (spelling?) was funny. It's still great. I managed to get copies of both series a while back.

Truly superb, although that assessment is from memory as I dont have any copies and they never seem to repeat this. Why is this? Surely thsi is right up 'Dave's' street.

It was a great show. I met Jimmy Mulville a few weeks ago and told him I remembered him from 123 and also That's Love. He was like "F**k me you've got a good memory". Don't know why he didn't carry on acting, he was good weasn't he? Probably much too busy being the owner of Hat Trick Productions and being a squillionaire.

Did you chat with him about Rory McGrath?

Quote: Marc P @ July 21 2008, 11:52 AM BST

Did you chat with him about Rory McGrath?

Nah. To be honest we talked a bit about comedy but mostly about each others' kids. Seemed like a top bloke anyway. It would seem not everyone high-up in the media is a wanker.

He and I did a voice over once on an audio sales training tape. I mainly remember he had a huge cigar and arrived on a bicycle.

Quote: Marc P @ July 21 2008, 11:59 AM BST

He and I did a voice over once on an audio sales training tape. I mainly remember he had a huge cigar and arrived on a bicycle.

:D

Quote: Marc P @ July 21 2008, 11:59 AM BST

Actually burst out laughing at that. Legend.

Quote: Perry Nium @ July 21 2008, 11:51 AM BST

It was a great show. I met Jimmy Mulville a few weeks ago and told him I remembered him from 123 and also That's Love. He was like "F**k me you've got a good memory".

Woah, cool! Didn't think to ask if/when it'd be out on DVD?

They should put this out on DVD as the copies I have are a bit worn out. It was a fantastic show and is still pretty funny. The good thing about shows set in the past like that is they don't date quite so fast.

Quote: Perry Nium @ July 21 2008, 11:51 AM BST

It was a great show. I met Jimmy Mulville a few weeks ago and told him I remembered him from 123 and also That's Love. He was like "F**k me you've got a good memory". Don't know why he didn't carry on acting, he was good weasn't he? Probably much too busy being the owner of Hat Trick Productions and being a squillionaire.

He still does that Old Harry's Game on the radio, doesn't he?

I hope you managed to get a commission.

I only discovered this show a few weeks ago when it was the weeks featured download on a torrent site I use. I decided to give it a go and I was hooked within the first 5 minutes. The quality isnt that fantastic though so it'd be good to see it released on DVD. I'd buy it in an instant.

Father Christmas brought me the DVD this morning.

I've never watched it before, so that's something to look forward to.