Surreal comedies? Page 5

Apparently he disliked penatrative sex but liked most other stuff.

Like Elvis.

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2008, 11:05 AM BST

With Heath (and I assume you're talking about Ted) "confirmed bachelor" was a euphemism for gay.

Depends on which accounts you choose to believe. I tend to agree with those who have said that if he were, it'd have been inrefutably exposed long ago.

Yeah, that one.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 12:29 PM BST

Depends on which accounts you choose to believe. I tend to agree with those who have said that if he were, it'd have been inrefutably exposed long ago.

As a true blue tory, where do you stand on Heath? He seems despised by his own party, mainly because he was pro European, yet I never thought he was that bad.

I have no strong feelings either way. I don't necessarily agree with some of what he did, but then I wasn't around in order to be able to fully understand the socio-economic climate under which he did them and why.

I liked him, simply because he had such a lousy relationship with Margaret Thatcher. They REALLY hated each other.

Interesting that a thread on surreal comedies should feature the Conservative party!

They used to be quite surreal, but nowadays they're as bland and tasteless as New Labour.

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2008, 3:30 PM BST

I liked him, simply because he had such a lousy relationship with Margaret Thatcher. They REALLY hated each other.

I suppose on that basis, I should hate him too.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 4:08 PM BST

I suppose on that basis, I should hate him too.

That's loopy logic. I suppose you also think the Poll Tax and Clause 28 were good ideas simply because Attila the Hen had them?

Well... No. But. Erm. I forget what we were discussing, and am too lazy to scroll up. But ok - I wasn't really being serious anyway!

Regarding Spike Milligan, can I mention his short stories? Some of which were very good too.

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2008, 2:59 PM BST

As a true blue tory, where do you stand on Heath?

Would that be Hamstead?

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 11:02 AM BST

General consensus is that he was a "confirmed bachelor", much similar to Heath in many ways.

When I saw this I thought you meant Ledger.

Quote: cosmo @ July 27 2008, 8:16 PM BST

Regarding Spike Milligan, can I mention his short stories? Some of which were very good too.

As was his poetry, and didn't he do some ace kids stuff.

Q just wasn't his finest hour.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 27 2008, 8:59 PM BST

When I saw this I thought you meant Ledger.

Nah. I'd barely heard the name before the sod killed himself. No 'celebrity' types ever come into my mind!