Dear John...

I just bought the complete Dear John... on DVD on Ebay. It was a copy, but played brilliantly. The quality of the show was also brilliant, what more would you expect from Mr John Sullivan. It is being released on 4th June. I strongly recommend it. Have any other users seen it?

i think i remember it, is it the one that had Ralph bates and Peter Blake in it, and John was a scholl teacher who joined a divorcie club, if so yes it was good, (if thats not dear john then what sit-com am i on about?)

Yes, it is Dear John. I loved it

Saw it fairly recently, and really enjoyed it. Some utterly classic moments, especially in those first few group meetings. Laughing out loud

And the theme gets stuck in my head for days.

Ah, one of my all-time favourites!!

Me and Mum LOVE Dear John! It's great! It's so well written and well acted. Every character is great.

Yeah I vaguely remember this one too. Funny from what I can remember.

Who out there remembers the American version?

I think I saw the American version and didn't like it. I rate Dear John above Only Fools and Horses. There's something utterly perfect about the collection of characters, and I love the melancholy underlying it all.

One of the first videos I bought was Dear John about four or five years ago. And it was still as good as I remembered it. A fine cast of different characters.

Two of the characters from Clare In The Community on Radio 4, Brian and Simon, remind me of John and his fellow teacher.

Didn't the guy who played the lead character die? Which is why it never went on and became the classic it was shaping up to be?

Quote: chipolata @ February 14, 2007, 10:06 AM

Didn't the guy who played the lead character die?

Yes Ralph Bates died back in 1991 of pancreatic cancer

Quote: Scott T @ February 13, 2007, 10:49 PM

I rate Dear John above Only Fools and Horses.

Ditto.