Favourite Blackadder insult? Page 3

"ARGH! You shot my speckled Jim!"

and

Baldrick and George in no mans land
"stupidy, stupidy, stupidy"
"the two stupidest idiots in the whole history of stupidityness."

or something along those lines.

"Your brain, Baldrick, is like the giant man-eating haddock-fish beast of Aberdeen."

"In what way?"

"It doesn't exist."

And later in the same episode:
"Your record in the cunning planning department is about as convincing as Stumpy O'Leg Mac Nolegs' personal best in the Market Harborough to Cambridge Marathon".

Other great lines:

"First name, Baldrick?"
"Dunno. I think it might be Sodoff."
"What?"
"Well, when I was young and I used to play in the gutter, I used to say to the other snipes, 'Hi, my name's Baldrick', and they used to say, 'Yes, we know, sod off Baldrick.' "

Plus the whole soliloquy about the haunted hovel, which I haven't the time to recite in full, but still has me in bits every time. But my all time fave has to be:

"Oh God, what a way to die. Shot by a transvestite on an unrealistic grassy knoll."

To talk one's way out of something by using a Blackadder-style witticism or putdown, by the way, is referred to coloquially as 'Bladdery' or 'Bladdering'. My brother was very adamant on pointing out that I shouldn't attempt to 'bladder my way out of this one' on a regular basis.

The 'Weasal's wedding tackle' insult I like, and can be used for a variety of situations, but originally -

Blackadder talking about Prince Regent George, "He's got a brain the size of a weasel's wedding tackle".

And not an insult, but from the same episode the Prince Regent awakens in his bed and calls out: "What time is it?"

Blackadder replies, "I'm afraid it's 3 o'clock in the afternoon sir.

Prince Regent: "Oh good - I thought I'd overslept!"

---------

What's that one about Blackadder telling Baldrick his breath smells as if it comes straight from Satan's bum?

'You really are as thick as a bowl of clotted cream that's been left out in the sun by some clot, until the clots are so clotted up you couldn't unclot them with an electric declotter, aren't you Baldrick?'

One from the "French Revolution" one:

Blackadder: [to Baldrick] "Unless I think of something, tomorrow we go to meet our maker: in my case God, in your case God knows."

Percy:I must say, Edmund, it was jolly nice of you to ask me to share your breakfast before the rigours of the day begin.

Edmund: Well, it is said, Percy, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that, through learned discourse, he may rise above the savage and closer to God.

Percy:Yes, I've heard that.

Edmund: Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best.

You can surely make up your own:

You are as thick as X which is now Y (with clause Z)

Like "You are as thick as a badger which is now a shaving brush and now doesn't get out much..."

Hours of fun...

Blackadder: "Baldrick, in the Amazonian rain forests there are tribes of Indians as yet untouched by civilisation who have developed more convincing Charlie Chaplin impressions than yours."

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 29 2012, 9:24 AM GMT

Blackadder: "Baldrick, in the Amazonian rain forests there are tribes of Indians as yet untouched by civilisation who have developed more convincing Charlie Chaplin impressions than yours."

:D

Blackaddr: He's got more mills than you have brain-cells
George: How many's that?
Blackadder: Seven
George: gosh that is a lot

(from memory)

Quote: Tim Azure @ December 29 2012, 8:17 AM GMT

You can surely make up your own:

You are as thick as X which is now Y (with clause Z)

Like "You are as thick as a badger which is now a shaving brush and now doesn't get out much..."

Hours of fun...

Good, I'm not the only one who thought the endless stream of Elton penned funny lines were mostly tiresome drivel.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 7 2013, 7:22 AM GMT

Good, I'm not the only one who thought the endless stream of Elton penned funny lines were mostly tiresome drivel.

Taking me out of context, Kipper, out of context...

Facile dot to dot drivel, you're quite right. What a handy formula for writing a hit sitcom! Until someone finally examines the result and discovers it's repetitive puerile nonsense that's been overlooked and over rated for far too long. So well done to you. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 7 2013, 9:34 AM GMT

Facile dot to dot drivel, you're quite right. What a handy formula for writing a hit sitcom! Until someone finally examines the result and discovers it's repetitive puerile nonsense that's been overlooked and over rated for far too long. So well done to you. :)

Kipper, you're as cynical as an amoeba that got fed up with being a microscopic small creature and is now making fun of everything that's bigger than a cell of dandruff. ;)

Hehehe.