Favourite Blackadder insult? Page 2

"Darling you're a c**t!"

Oh no that wasn't blackadder. :O

To you, Baldrick, the renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 27 2008, 3:47 PM BST

One of my favourites is Prince George insulting Blackadder when he calls him 'Mr thicky Black thicky Adder thicky'.

"Mr hopelessly drivvley can't write for toffee crappy butler weed." :D

The interchange between Blackadder and Charlie Chaplin via telegram is a highlight. That whole Chaplin / Baldrick exchange is also very good.

Blackadder has to be in the top 3 of all time sitcoms, if you ignore large chunks of series 1. For once, it's a show where Ben Elton not only came in and saved it but propelled it into mega...ness. Thank heavens he hasn't thought of turning it into a West End show.

Quote: SlagA @ June 28 2008, 10:12 PM BST

Thank heavens he hasn't thought of succeeded in turning it into a West End show.

"It is not the bullet with my name I am worried about. It is those addressed to whom it may concern." Or something like that. Can anyone remember where it comes from?

Some of my faves:

"He's about as effective as a cat flap in an elephant house"

"make a sentence out of the following words FACE. SODDING, YOUR. SHUT"

"Your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom."

"And you are a fornicating baboon!"

"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed, hasn't he Percy?"

"Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you into long strips and telling the Prince that you walked over a very sharp cattlegrid"

"Your brain, for example is so minute, Baldrick, that if a hungry cannibal cracked your head open, there wouldn't be enough to cover a small water biscuit"

Not really an insult, but a great line nonetheless:

"You look as happy as man who thought a cat had done its business on his pie but it turned out to be an extra large blackberry."

Ambassador:
I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.

"Cork it, fatso"

"Ludwig was a master of disguise, whereas Nursie is a sad, insane old woman with an udder fixation"

(on the dictionary) "It's the most pointless book since 'How To Learn French' was translated into French"

(on the French) "I hardly think a nation that eags frogs and would go to bed with the kitchen sink if it put on a tutu is in any position to preach couthness"

"Sneaking aristocrats out from under the noses of French revolutionaries is about as difficult as putting on a hat"

and many more

My two faves:

'Once again the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own Satanic HERD!'

'Baldrick, I'm too tired to punch you, here is my fist, please run towards it.'

'A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, high cheif ao all the Vikings, accidentally ordered 5000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside'.

And not an insult, but worth mentioning -

'Thanks bridesmaid, like the beard. Gives me something to hang on to!'

Better a lap dog to a slip of a girl than a git

Quote: Timbo @ June 28 2008, 11:56 PM BST

"It is not the bullet with my name I am worried about. It is those addressed to whom it may concern." Or something like that. Can anyone remember where it comes from?

If it's not Blackadder, it's Dad's Army. Sounds like something Frazer would say.

Not really an insult but it began with an insult, so I'm gonna throw it out there anyways:

"I, on the other hand, have a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me."

One of my favourite lines from Blackadder.