3rd Rock From the Sun Page 3

Aaron, since you watched the first season... you might remember my favourite scene.
Dick sits in his office and warily opens a children's pop-up book. As soon as the book unfolds and the picture pops up, he starts hammering it frantically.

I absolutely love it.

Another one is the serenading at Mary's window, singing an Italian song and playing folk instruments, while dressed in quasi-national costumes. Their facial expressions alone! The scene just cracks me up every time. I don't think it was in Season 1, though.

BTW, Lithgow has confessed being a huge fan of Cleese, and therefore he had been totally chuffed to learn that Cleese would guest in an episode.

I need this box set. Give it to me now Aaron. (How often have you heard that?)

You'd be surprised. Cool

"Give it to me Raymond, I'm desperate for it, I want it, give it to me now!"

See Amazon product listing

I loved this when I was younger, and now that it's on Paramount Comedy 2 again, I'm in my element!

Quote: WrongTale @ June 24 2008, 11:21 AM BST

Jonh Cleese was in two episodes (double episode, to be precise).

Talking of John Cleese; in the unlikely event of a US version of Fawlty Towers - John Lithgow = Basil Fawlty!!

The American Sybil anyone? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

She's a bit young - or at very least looks it - but I reckon that Patricia Heaton (Debra in Everybody Loves Raymond) could pull it off pretty nicely.

(Pull it off. Cor.)

I remember watching the pilot for the show and thinking "this is too funny and original to last" but I was wrong! And it lasted a lot longer than it's pilot.

The actress who plays Karen in Will and Grace could play Sybil.

I loooooove her.

If you watch the first few episodes of Will and Grace, you'll notice that she didn't have her high-pitched voice back then.

:O

I think I probably like her better with.

I haven't seen 3rd Rock From The Sun for years. To be honest I had almost forgotten about it until I read this thread. I'll definitely look into getting the box set. Those 3D glasses sound awesome!

I don't think I've seen this since 1998, but I used to like it back in the day.

Yes, that's right, Matt Stott, I used to like US sitcoms.

I didn't like this when I first saw it, but it grew on me. Dick's well funny.

I was watching the repeat of the Pilot episode & noticed that one of Dicks pupils (Leon) looked/sounded a bit like John Lithgow.
I looked on Wikipedia & it turns out it was his son Ian Lithgow.