Comedians who died prematurely? Page 11

Quote: Morrace @ August 4 2009, 1:31 PM BST

Thanks, me Oldrocker! - A-wop-bop-a-loom-op-a-lop-bam-BOOM!!

(I'm here all week....)

Gosh, did I walk into an obvious response without spotting it? I really must sharpen up a bit.

Get busy with the Sanatogen, Oldrocker!

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 1:39 PM BST

Get busy with the Sanatogen, Oldrocker!

He's probably sitting in an old rocker! :)

He needs to get a hip new look, something like Roger Daltry in 'Buddy's Song'.

Jim Varney springs to mind. He played the Ernest character in a string of somewhat questionable movies and the slinky dog in Toy Story.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 2:08 PM BST

He needs to get a hip new look

He needs to get a new hip ...

(I've no idea why I'm joining in this ageist shit.)

Quote: JohnnyD @ August 4 2009, 2:19 PM BST

He needs to get a new hip ...

-- and listen to some 'Hip-op'

It would be great if Bill Hicks was still around. If he was he would probably be president by now.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 12:49 PM BST

He was a massive thief of other comedians' material. I've got no time for him simply because of that.

You, Sir, *spits in your face in disgust*.

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Hey now! Let's try and keep negativity out of my premature death thread!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Bit aggressive, Aaron.

The fact was he was a thief. Simple as. That's the main reason there weren't a bunch of stand-ups forming a queue to pay tribute to him when he died. I used to spend a lot of time around comedy clubs and watching stand-ups on the circuit years ago. It was common knowledge that he would send his "writers" around to nick sure-fire gags from circuit comedians, which would then mysteriously appear in his routines within 6 months. You don't have to take my word for it, ask any hard-working stand-up who worked the country in the 90's.

They are first hand reports of people in the audience of other acts writing in notebooks.

And here's Mr Stewart Lee on a related topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YE9Kthyaco

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 5 2009, 2:50 PM BST

Bit aggressive, Aaron.

The fact was he was a thief. Simple as. That's the main reason there weren't a bunch of stand-ups forming a queue to pay tribute to him when he died. I used to spend a lot of time around comedy clubs and watching stand-ups on the circuit years ago. It was common knowledge that he would send his "writers" around to nick sure-fire gags from circuit comedians, which would then mysteriously appear in his routines within 6 months. You don't have to take my word for it, ask any hard-working stand-up who worked the country in the 90's.

Nevermind the apparent sources of his material, can you at least acknowledge his talent as a performer?

90s*