Minder Page 4

Caught some episodes on ITV4 and I like it, then again I quite like Dennis Waterman I think he is brilliant. They also have The Sweeney, The Professionals and The Saint on ITV4 which actually makes the channel quite decent whe it isn't showing TT or whatever.

Watching this on ITV4. A young Phil Mitchell is in it playing a thug!!! That's what you call versatility.

Again watching this on ITV4. Today Rula Lenska is a Russian ship's captain. Arthur doesn't trust her and Terry says it's not all poisoned umbrellas.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th March 2018, 11:13 PM

Again watching this on ITV4. Today Rula Lenska is a Russian ship's captain. Arthur doesn't trust her and Terry says it's not all poisoned umbrellas.

That's the episode where Arthur has to give a job to his skinhead nephew, Nigel, right? And Chisholm sees him and says, "What is that?" with a look of incredulous revulsion.

He has got a swastika tattooed on his forehead.

There were several references though to being worried about Russian spies bumping people off. Very topical!

Minder is timeless. When revisiting some other shows of yore, I wonder why I once enjoyed them so much, but Minder remains wonderful.

I preferred the very early series when the birds in it were allowed to get their tits out. It went downhill when suddenly they kept their shirts on. Pirate WTF's going on here I thought. Bloody Harriet Whitehouse. Angry

The characters were so well written and the actors were good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgcgdDMf77w

I found this on Youtube. It's from 1983 and I think it's students giving their view on the programme.

Quote: Wheel @ 23rd March 2018, 3:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgcgdDMf77w

I found this on Youtube. It's from 1983 and I think it's students giving their view on the programme.

Thank you for the link. Fascinating interviews with some of the people behind the show.

There was almost a love between Arthur and Terry - and Terry was of course in the classic sitcom position of being trapped.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2018, 5:59 PM

There was almost a love between Arthur and Terry - and Terry was of course in the classic sitcom position of being trapped.

Absolutely - almost Steptoe and Son. They were great together.

I'd like to join in the Minder lovefest.
Not only did we have the two main stars but a host of other excellent actors as regular characters and good scripts of course.

Watching one today with OFAH's Denzil as a boxer Terry has to "mind".

He's due to fight someone called Jack Straw. Now where would they get a name like that?

Plus Yvette as an extra.

(Poster for the Fabulous Thunderbirds on the wall)

Dave the barman (Glynn Edwards) died the other day.
RIP