MeeBox by Adam Buxton Page 2

I did!

I thought it was brilliant. Really funny and different.

Very Adam and Joe. Kind of missed Joe being on it, but not really.

Loved the alternative signings for the deaf. Ooh and a teeny bit of Matt Berry.
I very much want mooore.

I did also.

It was bad.

One good sketch (sausages song) - but the real highlight was the title sequence.

Heh! You liked the sausages? That was the one bit I thought wasn't great. Laughing out loud

Although I did like him calling them meaty tubes. (was it?)

Quote: jeej @ June 13 2008, 3:06 AM BST

Time Trumpet. Which was a great show.

Hmmm...
Errr

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 12:42 AM BST

Heh! You liked the sausages? That was the one bit I thought wasn't great. Laughing out loud

Haha, yes! Admittedly I kind of tuned out a few times, but that alone is probably quite indicative. I wanted to like it, but it just wasn't funny.

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 12:42 AM BST

Although I did like him calling them meaty tubes. (was it?)

Ermmm, I think so. It was quite amusing whatever it was.

If it stars someone who was part of 'Yoof TV' in the 90's, you can be rest assured that zooo'll like it!

Well, yes, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. But she has been known to show objectivity in the past as well!

I enjoyed it, but why blow it on such a ridiculous slot?

Tried to view this on iPlayer.

Watched 15mins before voting with the ‘stop’ button. Not particularly unfunny but I didn’t really see anything original (An American doing a funny cockney accent; different subtitles superimposed on top of a signer for the deaf…..just struck me as lazy)

I then made the huge mistake of watching ‘Summer Heights High’; this time approx 8 mins before hitting ‘stop’. This made MeeBox drift into genius territory.

I wish there was a film where Emma Pierson runs around a space ship in a sweaty shirt :)

Quote: monkeybeard @ June 23 2008, 3:01 PM BST

I wish there was a film where Emma Pierson runs around a space ship in a sweaty shirt :)

Yeah, I loved that part! :D She's so feisty.

I like how he got his dad involved in the sketches to. The sign language one was funny.

I thought it was good; loved famous guy, and the Songs Of Praise bit with subtitles really made me laugh. If theyve thrown it away on such a shitty time slot then I would be surprised if we saw any more.

It's repeated on Wednesday (he just said so on Richard et Judy - Adam has such great hair....) so maybe it'll be on at a better time then?
Or a worse one.

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 6:41 PM BST

Adam has such great hair....

Good beard.

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 6:41 PM BST

so maybe it'll be on at a better time then?
Or a worse one.

Depends if they feel the need to show more Two Pints repeats before it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 23 2008, 6:36 PM BST

the Songs Of Praise bit with subtitles really made me laugh.

God, that was f**king awful.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 23 2008, 6:45 PM BST

Good beard.

There's no such thing!