For the Radio not TV

Mr Hyde- Sketch

For Radio

We hear the beginnings of a conversation. Mr Hyde is about to embark on his soliloquy. He speaks with a Vincent Price type of voice or one of those from a seventies horror film.

Mr Hyde

It was then I found out that my sight would gradually deteriorate until after one year, I would be completely blind. (Wails) All would be black!

I tried to hold on, but as my vision began to fail, I found myself committing atrocities so foul, perverted and evil that Satan himself would have considered himself a pansy next to me.

(Beginning to sound more desperate) One particularly dark night, I initiated such an orgy of depravity and filth that it has plagued my conscience for these twenty years past. I felt like I had violated the truly sacred and innocent. I was the man who abused God in his underpants and gone into his kitchen and made a blancmange and a latte out of the milk of human kindness.

(Almost crying in desperation) And now I find myself here in your humble presence; to beg for forgiveness, to beg for absolution. I can’t go on any longer without unburdening my soul of this heinous catalogue of perversions.

Father, forgive me for I have sinned. It has been years since my last confession. You’re my last hope. Can you help me? Please.

Man

Well, I’m sorry to hear that sir but this is a Butcher’s.

Mr Hyde

Oh sorry. Just two pounds of mince and a Cumberland ring then please.

I laughed at the end. Needs a bit of tidying in the main text but pretty good. Liked the 'blancmange and a latte out of the milk of human kindness' line very much.

Hi wjfk

Very funny lines in there. I agree with steve about having to cut a lot of the dialogue as I think you can say it quicker, but the idea is fab so if you tighten it up it'd make a great radio sketch.

Dan

Total agreement with Steve and Dan- some great lines in there and if trimmed a wee bit would be a great little sketch. Just asking for a "Cumberland Ring' made me laugh!

I laughed too and it's all been said.

Nice one