Ideal series 4 music question

What's the groovy tune on the decks at the birthday party something about "happy birthday girl it's got me goin'". Any ideas anyone?

Moving to British sitcom forum.

Hi Mark, welcome to the forums. Please use the appropriate forum to ask questions, you'll get better and quicker answers.

It could possible be a remix of The Kinks - Really Got Me. But I didn't see the programme, so I'm not sure, sorry.

Quote: Leevil @ June 3 2008, 2:42 PM BST

Hi Mark, welcome to the forums. Please use the appropriate forum to ask questions, you'll get better and quicker answers.

Indeed - and capital letters help even more!

(I've got no idea either, sorry.)

Quote: mark lynch @ June 3 2008, 2:34 PM BST

What's the groovy tune on the decks at the birthday party something about "happy birthday girl it's got me goin'". Any ideas anyone?

Hello Mark,

Right, it might be (don't blame me if I'm wrong) Happy Birthday Girl, from that little known nineties band Spearmint. That's one of the tunes I heard last night and I believe I still have the Oklahoma album lying around somewhere.

I did miss the first ten minutes of Ideal though, so apologies if what you heard happened then.

This programme has lost its way completely. I was a huge fan but this series is embarrassingly bad, there is nothing left to commend it. It is just going through the motions. Hope there are no more, it is a dud.

Talking of music I love the theme tune to ideal, any idea where i can get it and what it is called??

Hi maidenpriest,

The title music is by Candidate. The track is called 'Song Of The Oss'. It's available on the Ideal soundtrack CD...

See Amazon product listing

Does anybody know the name of the tune with Mark E Smith on the last episode of series 4, The Future? Cool

Quote: Splodge @ June 3 2008, 3:38 PM BST

Hello Mark,

Right, it might be (don't blame me if I'm wrong) Happy Birthday Girl, from that little known nineties band Spearmint. That's one of the tunes I heard last night and I believe I still have the Oklahoma album lying around somewhere.

I did miss the first ten minutes of Ideal though, so apologies if what you heard happened then.

Give that man a cigar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VEodDU2ZMs

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 4 2008, 1:21 PM BST

This programme has lost its way completely. I was a huge fan but this series is embarrassingly bad, there is nothing left to commend it. It is just going through the motions. Hope there are no more, it is a dud.

Wrong. It's still great. :P

Still did not answer my question. Nevermind. Rolling eyes

I'll have a look tonight, if I remember.

Quote: james shadow @ March 3 2009, 12:40 PM GMT

There's no need to take that tone, James. If no one has answered a question, it's fairly safe to assume that no one know, not that no one has read it.

Quote: james shadow @ March 3 2009, 12:40 PM GMT

After a lot of looking I found the answer at IMDB. Rolling eyes

Enter One by Sol Seppy Around 3mins for bit from Ideal

That's the only track I noticed in that episode so I hope it's the one you're on about.

I don't know where Mark E Smith comes into it though.

Guess I should've looked nearer to home;

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 17 2008, 10:18 PM BST

Don't know this one, I did like it though. Be interested to know too.

EDIT: I've found it on tinternet, it's called 'Enter One' by Sol Seppy. Here's link where you can listen to the track. http://www.myspace.com/solseppy

Shit! Laughing out loud

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 4 2009, 12:45 AM BST

After a lot of looking I found the answer at IMDB. Rolling eyes

Enter One by Sol Seppy Around 3mins for bit from Ideal

That's the only track I noticed in that episode so I hope it's the one you're on about.

I don't know where Mark E Smith comes into it though.

Thank you thank you thank you! I've been looking for that song too!

Cheers,
Sally