Tim Vine Page 4

Just thought I#d bump this.

Tim will be presenting a evening of comedy with guests in our Times Square Lounge from 8pm with a whole host of charity items to auction in aid of St Raphael's Hospice. With just 200 places these tickets will be hotly contested so you need to act quickly if you want to ensure your seat at this one off event.

Tim looks like he's going to attempt to play football!

From Sutton United's web site.

As part of the 25th anniversary of our 1989 FA Cup third round win over Coventry City, many of the Sutton players from that day will feature in a special veterans’ match before our pre-season friendly at home to Farnborough on Saturday 19th July. The veterans’ match will kick-off at 1.00 and the admission price for the day covers both games.

The Sutton United anniversary squad will be managed by Barrie Williams, who of course led the team on that fateful day, and will feature both goalscorers, Tony Rains and Matt Hanlan, the full squad includes:-

Trevor Roffey, Robyn Jones, Tony Rains, Nigel Golley, Vernon Pratt, Paul Rogers, Micky Stephens, Steve Fowler, Lennie Dennis, Paul Mckinnon, Matt Hanlan, Graham Morris and Micky Cornwell. Along with Jack Moore (Dave Hermitage’s nephew), Steven Golley (Nigel's son), Robbie Mckinnon (Paul's son) and James Sparrow (Tony Rains’ son-in-law).

The opposition will be the John Rains select XI, jointly managed by Player Managers Ricky Kidd & Micky Joyce. The squad includes:-

Chris Vagg, Clive Offer, Dennis Blackman, Matt Rains, Bobby Green, Lee Wallis, David Jones, Chris Kelly, Dominic Feltham, Dominic Feltham Jnr, Ryan Palmer, Gavin Fraser, Richard Pape, Mark Watson, Larry Pritchard, Tim Vine, Lyndon Buckwell, Bob Mapleson, Matt Joyce, Robbie Joyce, Tony Boorman, Efan Ekoku, Nko Ekoku and Rick Collier.

This will be the greatest-ever gathering of Sutton United legends on one pitch, with stars from the 60s and 70s alongside the heroes of the Coventry era and more recent favourites such Dominic Feltham and Mark Watson. It is a unique chance to see players such as Chris Kelly and Efan Ekoku pull on a Sutton shirt once again and even catch a glimpse of the peerless Larry Pritchard, not to mention the first appearance in a Sutton shirt of our most famous mascot: TIM VINE!

This is one day NOT to be missed.

And, as if that wasn’t enough, you can all boo and hiss your favourite referee……… Mark Frake! (We still need two volunteers to be Mark’s assistants, e-mail davef@suttonunited.net if you can help).

In the evening, the players from 1989 will be stirring old memories over an anniversary meal.

I've played football with Tim Vine and he's not too bad.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 29th June 2014, 1:11 AM BST

I've played football with Tim Vine and he's not too bad.

Have you tried it with a ball?

Tim Vine is amazing, his gags are so bad that they're automatically brilliant.

Just met him this afternoon. Said he'd never he'd never heard of BCG but looked at Chortle.

In a charity shop I bought "Tthe Tim Vine book of silliness".

It is - very.

Quote: chipolata @ 16th May 2008, 1:46 PM BST

And if you miss Tim, you can always catch his brother doing his comedy routine every election night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JX8D1Kb88&feature=related

:D

This Saturday afternoon at Sutton United.

NEXT HOME GAME Vanarama Conference South
?-? Sat 7
th March v Hayes & Yeading Utd 15.00
Admission Prices
FREE ADMISSION !!!
Pay what you want, if you want, once you are inside
the stadium as the U's welcome back top comedian
Tim Vine. There will be a party atmosphere down
The Lane on Saturday as local legend Tim entertains
the crowd and stays behind after to help raise
funds for our community partners, St Raphael's
Hospice. Can you beat Tim at darts ?

I've just found out that Tim Vine is performing at my local venue on Saturday. It's the first I've heard about it and it's sold out. I really don't know how I missed it as I'm frequently looking at their web site.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2019, 10:53 PM

I've just found out that Tim Vine is performing at my local venue on Saturday. It's the first I've heard about it and it's sold out. I really don't know how I missed it as I'm frequently looking at their web site.

Shit! That's a shame Chappers. I'd be gutted if it was me. Love the bloke and have all his DVDs.

I wish he would do more "Tim Vine Travels Through Time".

I am building up a list of puns for him - anyone know how I can send them to him?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd March 2019, 9:17 AM

I am building up a list of puns for him - anyone know how I can send them to him?

Your best bet, certainly in the first instance, is probably to tweet him: @RealTimVine

I wouldn't tweet the puns as they won't then be Tim Vine's and he's not likely to use them. I should think even tweeting a request to supply him with puns would be politely declined or ignored. As we know from posters on here there are people willing to savage comedians and other stars for recycling/using/stealing others' jokes.

And he's already been through one accusation. I shouldn't think he'd want to go there again.

You usually have to go through their agent and they will pass them on. (good luck with that though)

I'll see if I see him at one of our future matches.