Tim Vine

Hello all!

I have 3 tickets for Tim Vines stand up show in Leeds on Monday 19th May but I am unfortunatly unable to go now so was wondering if anyone would like to buy them. I could do with not losing the money! They're £15 each (face value) so ideally would like £45 for the three but will take £30 for two if no one wants three.

They are second row from the front on the end of the row. The two end seats have no seats in front of them so plenty of leg room :D

It's a shame I wont get to go but I hope the tickets will go to someone who can enjoy them in my abscence!

If anyones interested please PM me or reply to the thread.

Q!

Not of much help to Quentin but if anyone is in the vicinity I can recommend taking up the offer. I saw the show in London last weekend and it was top-notch. About 97% new material since the last tour I saw him do.

Sorry you are having to miss it Q.

Thanks for the endorsement Badge! I'm pretty dissapointed I can't make it. I'm hoping to get tickets to see him at Edinburgh Fringe Festival in the summer-fingers crossed! Q!

And if you miss Tim, you can always catch his brother doing his comedy routine every election night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JX8D1Kb88&feature=related

That was a painful spectacle to behold.

Quote: chipolata @ May 16 2008, 9:46 AM BST

And if you miss Tim, you can always catch his brother doing his comedy routine every election night.

I had no idea they were brothers! Wow!

Tim Vine is quite possibily the most under-rated stand up comedian on the circuit (and he is rated so in a convoluted way I'm saying he should be extra rated!). Sadly Leeds is miles away from me, but hopefully someone up that way will spot this thread Quentin.

Quote: Mark @ May 16 2008, 6:55 PM BST

I had no idea they were brothers! Wow!

I was shocked when I found out, but they do look rather similar!

(I think that they may only be half-brothers though.)

Creepy eh?

I watched his new DVD this week, - it's ace.

"I had a friend who wanted to be run over by a steam train - when it finally happened he was chuffed to bits"

"I asked someone what time the next train was, they said 'Look online', I said 'That's a bit dangerous, isn't it?!'"

"In my pocket I've got an alphabet grenade - if this goes off it could spell disaster!"

I really recommend it, and his previous DVD which is about 3 quid in the shops now.

Here's Vine's first ever TV appearance - 15 years ago. Shaky, but the gags are still great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qEewS097tYM

And these short clip of Call My Bluff is great too:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1NXO1axI3Lc

I'm sure you all heard this first time (!)- but if not here's a radio interview he did a week or so ago.

He's currently in the middle of a nationwide tour.

Interestingly when Not Going Out is mentioned he said nothing about him taking part in a new series.

Perhaps still in negotiation then? I can't for a moment believe that they'd do a series without Tim.

Quote: Aaron @ February 23 2010, 5:29 PM GMT

Perhaps still in negotiation then? I can't for a moment believe that they'd do a series without Tim.

Oh I can, but these days don't contracts have clauses in them that protect main characters from being written out? I was told this may be why so many successful sitcoms these days suddenly end in mid flight, because an actor gets new work offers and can't fit in the next series of their sitcom, so TV chiefs talk about writing them out to save the show but the actor's agent activates the clause saying 'Oh no you don't!' Is this really true, I'd love TV companies and/or actors/agents to come clean about this. Actors certainly have more power over shows than seems healthy for TV and viewers. Anyone know the truth?

He was on the radio again today doing his usual stuff - a milion jokes in 5 minutes.

Here's one I did rememberr though.

I got a new job helping a one armed typist with their capital letters. It's shift work.

Quote: Chappers @ November 16 2010, 10:43 PM GMT

He was on the radio again today doing his usual stuff - a milion jokes in 5 minutes.

What show was he on and is it available on the internet?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 17 2010, 10:30 AM GMT

What show was he on and is it available on the internet?

He was on radio 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vvvcy