How funny was The Comic Strip Presents? Page 9

Animal Farm was indeed (partly) a scathing indictment of communism in Soviet Russia, but it was communism that brought down communism.

Quote: lofthouse @ June 17 2011, 10:47 PM BST

This isn't about Blair though.

It's about the fickle morons who are allowed to vote in elections!

Take the last election. The Lib Dems were nowhere in the polls. Nowhere. THEN, they did those pointless X Factor style TV shows and just cos Clegg managed to string a few words together BANG! The Lib Dems shot up about anout 15% in the opinion polls in a matter of hours!

Don't forget opinion polls are just random. It all depends who you ask.

Quote: chipolata @ June 18 2011, 9:06 AM BST

I think celebs have a minimal impact. And they usually preach to the choir anyway - e.g., the type of people who pay attention to Thom Yorke's opinions are the type of people interested in the issues already. Or students, who don't count.

Agree wholeheartedly. 10 O'Clock Live was further proof of that, as if it were needed.

Quote: Chappers @ June 18 2011, 5:48 PM BST

Don't forget opinion polls are just random. It all depends who you ask.

But unless we go the Australian route (which I certainly do not support), the outcome of an election is equally random according to who actually goes out and votes.

10 O'Clock Live wasn't a good example of anything.

They might as well have shown a photo of a tin of Pedigree Chum.

I suspect that in the increasingly fractured multi-channel world it'll be even more difficult for shows to have any kind of impact.

I think alot of topical humour is rather toothless, HIGNFY and News Quiz are funny.

But meh about as controversial as a pair of slippers and a mug of coco.

Just watched "The Supergrass" and "A Fistfull of Travellers' Cheques" - both very well written and I laughed a lot.

I don't think I laughed very much at The Comic Strip when it was first on.
But I'd be interested to see a few more of them now.
I remember thinking that it was almost good.

The two Bad News eps were brilliant. It would have made a great spin-off sitcom.

Nigel Planer's Den is funny as f**k!

Well tonight's show was great I thought

Wasn't expecting much

In fact I'd say it's one of their better efforts

Loved the orignal, but not so much tonight - the only time I laughed out loud was the scene Ross Noble was in.

Which idiot decided to schedule it directly opposite HIGNFY? The ratings tomorrow morning might not make pleasant reading for C4.

I've never seen any of them before. I just found it really strange. Although I laughed a lot, quite a bit of it was out of surprise more than anything else!

I look forward to seeing this latest one, it's been a long time.

The Comic Strip Presents, is mostly wonderful and hits the spot for me. The DVD box-set has been watched so much, I'm surprised it's not worn out.

I really like that woman that played Cherie Blair

She's great