In The Loop Page 3

I've been desperately wanting to see it all week, but it wasn't at a cinema anywhere near me last weekend and I've been so busy with work I haven't gone yet. I'm going on Sunday. I can't wait; I love The Thick of It!

I've been rewatching the specials today to get myself in the mood. But I too am swamped with work! DVD it is.

I'm going to see it tonight. I hope it's as good as the papers say, I'm a bit scared that I've built it up too much - because of the reviews and because I adore the Thick of It - and that it can only be worse now... I'm sure that won't be the case. I'll let you know later :)

I've just seen it - loved it! It was really true to the programme and wasn't 'hollywoodised' for the film at all. Really really good :)

I saw it tonight- very good. It transferred really well. If there's a hole to be picked, its that in the last 20 minutes maybe they rushed it to wrap up the plot, so there were a couple of flatter scenes where characters recapped/laid out plans a bit so it could all be tied up nicely.

8/10 though.

Fantastic film, I can't remember a recent comedy film that made me laugh so much. Sadly though where I live it's already down to one showing a week and we have two big multiplexes.

To be honest, it did have a limited release. It was on as half as many screens as "Monsters & Aliens" + "I Love You, Man."

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 26 2009, 11:31 AM BST

To be honest, it did have a limited release. It was on as half as many screens as "Monsters & Aliens" + "I Love You, Man."

Well it can't be as good then. Fact.

I went to it, time flew but didn't really laugh during it.

For the rest of that day I was laughing at bits and pieces I just remembered though. The joke rate was a LOT heavier and more subtle than your standard comedy film, which tend to be driven by big gags.

I can't imagine the budget was huge anyways and Iannucci says it done very well.

His red button bits with Stewart Lee were brilliant. Also checked out the pilot of the Armando Iannucci shows there a few days ago, instantly ordered the whole series. The man cannot be liked by me any more than he currently is.
What're his radio shows like?

Just wondering, is Armando anywhere near the top of BBC by this stage?

Quote: sardines @ April 27 2009, 9:46 PM BST

What're his radio shows like?

I can only speak for On The Hour, which was fantastic and was released on CD at the end of last year.

I don't listen to radio very much - maybe some other members can tell you more about Charm Offensive etc.

Would it be fair to say this is the best film offshoot from a sitcom? Can't think of too many others that work as well.

Quote: chipolata @ April 28 2009, 5:39 PM BST

Would it be fair to say this is the best film offshoot from a sitcom? Can't think of too many others that work as well.

Naked Gun - Police Squad. Both very good.

Quote: chipolata @ April 28 2009, 5:39 PM BST

I would say so.

His Radio One shows are also excellent - amazing Zoo Radio parodies which I think you can find on www.fistoffun.net

Quote: chipolata @ March 30 2009, 3:45 PM BST

So The Thick of It USA ever actually broadcast? Or so bad it never went out?

The US version never got past the pilot stage. It was never broadcast.