Only Fools and Horses - the best series Page 2

Series 6

I will go with six, shooting on film and the longer episodes really opened it out. But series one apart the standard was strong throughout. Back then if the Beeb believed in a series they would recommission even if viewers and critics weren't keen, so it gave writers and performers a chance to find their feet,

All the Christmas specials sucked, with the exception of To Hull And Back.

I loved this from starting to watch it at series 3. Caught up with all of the episodes, and have watched them over and over again , cannot now watch it at all, I have a complete dislike for even the thought of watching it !

They should have stopped in 96, any episode after that is just embarrasing.

If they do some more ,as is rumoured , will I watch ?? of course I will......and then I will hate them even more...

I watched the "Jolly Boys Outing" episode, on UK Gold, the other day, and it was brilliant - even though I'd probably already seen it at least 5 times before. That's the mark of truely great comedy.

The ones with Granddad. :)

The series became more like a comedy drama as it went on. They should have stopped when Leonard Pearce died. Though come to think of it Series four was fantastic.

I have to say series 6 was the best for me.

Best were 2 and 3. Last consistent, decent series was 4.

Quote: Leevil @ June 4 2008, 2:43 PM BST

The ones with Granddad. :)

Yeah. The vast majority of best episodes were with him. Obviously there were sporatic good'uns after he left, but overall it wasn't anywhere near as good and the storylines got progressively crapper the longer it went on.

Quote: Jake How @ June 5 2008, 10:32 AM BST

I have to say series 6 was the best for me.

Come back, Jake. The BSG isn't the same without you... :(

Series 6 for me. Every episode of that series was quality. Chain Gang especially was a favourite of mine.

All Of Them

All the ones that weren't about getting married and having babies and miscarriages

Too much like a soap opera when all that started

Having looked at the episode guide, I'd say series 6 too.

I tend to prefer the later episodes but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that scene where Del and Rodney were trapped in the lift again!