Little Britain Page 2

Yep, lbfan. I repeat Kirk's sentiments. I think KC and the Sunshine Band said it for me, "please, don't go."
I may not like LB but difference of opinion is all that it is. My dislike doesn't spread to the people who like it (but i'm excluding bus-stop boxers from that category :) as defined in my earlier post).
So please stay. Nothing was aimed at you.
You got it easy with LB, i like Woody Allen, and that's a bigger cross to carry

Thank you :)

One small thing though...

Bus-stop boxers? Laughing out loud

A Woody Allen fan? I didn't know they existed in human form :)

I'm only joking, SlagA. In fact, I keep meaning to get around to watching a few of his films.... any suggestions?

Oops, 'report post' really shouldn't be so close to 'reply'.

Anyway. I love Woody Allen too! And if I was asked (which I wasn't) I would recommend some of his 1970s films. Like Manhattan, Annie Hall and Play It Again Sam.

'Play it again Sam' is a funny early one, sharp lines and no tendency to go too bizarre despite 'bogey' appearing all the time to give him advice.

'Bananas' and 'Sleeper' are more slapstick and surreal if you go for that

'Annie Hall' is the famous one but 'Manhattan' is a far more arty superior version.

'Broadway Danny Rose' is a good film from a increasingly confident director and his use of black and white and colour is fantastic in that movie

Later films i'd say 'Crimes and Misdemeanours' a great plot, well-directed.

I don't know another writer / director / actor that has touched on so many genres (he's even done a musical), he's turned out 40 films in 40 years in those 3 roles.

They should be good reference points.

Zooo, do i know you off-forum? :)

Ooh, that sounds exciting, but I don't think so, no.
:)

LITTLE BRITAIN CHRISTMAS SPECIAL INFO!

Peter Kay, Steve Coogan, Dawn French, Julia Davis and Paul McKenna will all appear in Little Britain’s Christmas special.
The show will be split into two half-hour programmes on the theme of Little Britain Abroad.

A good line-up there!

More info on my newly-revamped site - www.littlebritainfans.com :D

Thanks for the warning Ibfan, something to look forward to this Christmas

Great website BTW.

Barry

Peter Kay - :(

Am I the only one that's off the opinion that Little Britain is just 'catchphrase comedy'? You're not getting results from the build up of the sketch, you're just waiting for the same line each and every week.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ September 4, 2006, 6:16 PM

Thanks for the warning Ibfan, something to look forward to this Christmas

Great website BTW.

Barry

Thankyou very much

Inside Little Britain the official biography of Matt and David is out today and is very into their lives.
Here is an interesting article http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006410061,00.html

Why are Steve Coogan and Julia Davis wasting their time on this? I enjoyed the first series of Little Britain. It wasn't great but there were laughs to be had. The second was hit and miss and the third was depressing stuff, lazy beyond belief. The sketches were either flimsy excuses for the characters to reel off their catchphrases or pathetic attempts at upping the show's shock value (the urinating pensioner and the woman who pukes on people). I don't hold out much hope for the Christmas special. I wonder if there will be a sketch in which Lou turns his back for a few minutes, says 'what a kerfuffle', and Andy jumps in a swimming pool or runs in to the sea.

He'll run into the sea with tinsel around his neck, to give it a christmas feel, no doubt.

Quote: Thomps74 @ September 5, 2006, 7:39 AM

Why are Steve Coogan and Julia Davis wasting their time on this?

Why?

A steady average of about 9 million viewers on BBC 1 for the last series of Little Britain... that's why. Cool

Correct. Little Britain is like one big advert for the guest stars. Robbie Williams, Elton John, George Michael and Trisha were the main talk last Christmas being in that Little Britain special.
Little Britain has got the most public views on the BBC and then to top it off:
“We have been completely taken aback by the success of the tour and by the end of the next tour we will have played more than 200 dates to more than 800,000 people." - Lucas

This years Christmas Special had parts filmed in London TV Centre. All tickets went within a record-breaking half an hour of the phone lines opening.