Hale and Pace Page 2

Yes, indeed.

Can anyone offer any other thoughts/theories/explanations why they're not really heard of now? Why they fell into obscurity? 'Cos I'm far too young to have seen any of it.

They just got old I expect. It is strange that they haven't done much since though.

Although they are both millionaires, so hey!

Kind of like Griff Rhys Jones. He's not exactly been prolific of late, but must be f**king rolling in it. *seethes with jealousy*

Quote: Aaron @ April 22 2008, 4:28 PM BST

Yes, indeed.

Can anyone offer any other thoughts/theories/explanations why they're not really heard of now? Why they fell into obscurity? 'Cos I'm far too young to have seen any of it.

Well, H&P@BBC. Leaving ITV to do some terrible variety, gameshow-y thing.

Apparently they're still huge in Australia, and are always touring over there.

Quote: catskillz @ April 22 2008, 11:15 PM BST

Apparently they're still huge in Australia, and are always touring over there.

Yes... but Australia is always at least 20 years behind the real world... they've only just found out ABBA have split up...

kjs

Didn't one of them have a heart attack or something? Can't have helped the career.

I couldn't remember if it was Hale and Hearty or Pace-maker. So I checked. About 10 years ago, Hale had heart surgery (not a heart attack) but it did necessitate a break in their career.

Hale & Pace have just cropped up on my YouTube feed and I'd forgotten how good they were.

Toad and Walrus' guest spot in Extras was a back-handed compliment though. They were always funny but never controversial cos there was no depth, and that isn't a criticism. I do like their money.

Quote: Will Cam @ 29th May 2020, 11:43 AM

Hale & Pace have just cropped up on my YouTube feed and I'd forgotten how good they were.

The one that has since been re-titled 'social distancing bar fight'?

They were in the last series of Benidorm. No wonder it wasn't re-commissioned.