Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Page 9

Quote: Natalie Salat @ 21st February 2016, 11:17 PM GMT

Didn't the Spencers have a daughter? Maybe she takes after Frank?

Jessica.

Who's going to see the Queen on Christmas Day then?

With these in-character reunions, you always fear it will be stilted and awkward. Take that Allo Allo one where they wheeled out an elderly Gorden Kaye.

Very interesting article with Raymond Allen talking about the series. Disappointingly, it seems he was not involved with writing the Sport Relief sketch. However it seems the sketch will be fifteen minutes long: http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/646955/Frank-Spencer-Raymond-Allen-sports-relief-some-mothers-do-ave-em

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th March 2016, 11:22 PM GMT

Very interesting article with Raymond Allen talking about the series. Disappointingly, it seems he was not involved with writing the Sport Relief sketch. However it seems the sketch will be fifteen minutes long: http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/646955/Frank-Spencer-Raymond-Allen-sports-relief-some-mothers-do-ave-em

I wouldn't really say the writing was one of the better elements of Some Mothers. I would say Michael Crawford's performance and some of the stunt set pieces are the only positive aspects of the series. But these two things were just about enough to make it sometimes very very funny.

In the book about the series Raymond Allen was very honest about how hard he found it to come up with ideas for the show. For this reason I think Michael Crawford is credited with coming up with the plots for the final series?

So what did people think of the sketch? I loved it, a lovely tribute to the series, Crawford still nailed the character and kudos for doing the stunts at 74.

I thought it a lot of fun.

Exactly what I thought. Glad it was only a sketch but it just worked (although I will admit to being shocked upon seeing current day Michelle Dotrice)

Very good, enjoyed all the cameos and it was a nice touch that Jessica turned out like her father. :D

Yeah, well...I seem to be in the minority, I didn't like it. The plot and the gags weren't very original or funny and the guest stars were all extremely wooden (even "Doris"). Oh, and I agree with Sitcomfan on Michele Dotrice.

Just a bit o' fun for charadee GB. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th March 2016, 11:04 PM GMT

Just a bit o' fun for charadee GB. ;)

I didn't expect too much, so I think it was ok for a one off (charity) sketch. What's really bad is that I had to endure John Bishop and that wannabe tough guy from EastEnders before the sketch.