Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Page 11

:) I was worried the new short sketch was going to be a total failure so I was surprised how good it was. Michael Crawford still could do Frank's silly voice as it used to be, but the voice of Betty sounded different to how it used to be. I think Jessica needed to be a little older possibly married?, she certainly takes after her father that's for sure. 100% effort was put in by Crawford. Well done a good attempt!.

Quote: Woozie @ 19th March 2016, 8:48 AM GMT

Gemma Arterton was good. She should head up "Some fathers do ave em".

I'm in love with Gemma Arterton, okay. I just want to watch her on TV all the time. Okay. ... Well screw you lot then.

I agree she was awesome, does anybody know if she will return as Jessica Spencer for the new series?

Quote: David Gersch @ 7th April 2016, 5:58 PM BST

I agree she was awesome, does anybody know if she will return as Jessica Spencer for the new series?

There is no new series. Yet.

Watched yesterday one of the repeats the Beeb is showing at the moment in the afternoon and it was the one when Betty thinks she is pregnant.

She rings doctor, who she gets through to and speak to personally:-

not verbatim!

"Yes, I need to see you this afternoon...............oh, OK I will come down now"

Wasn't life simple in the early 70s Laughing out loud NOW you are lucky if you can get the phone to answer. >_<

Yes, the doctor would have probably offered you a cigarette to calm your nerves.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 4th November 2016, 8:14 PM

Yes, the doctor would have probably offered you a cigarette to calm your nerves.

That almost happened to me in the early 60s. They had a locum in who lambasted another youth for browsing his medical records while he waited to go into see the doctor (you took your records in when you went to see the doctor then) and when I got into see him the first thing he did was to light up a fag, which even then I thought wasn't right. :S

It was to calm him down enough to deal with you, Herc!

I've never in my life seen my medical records. Should I be worried?

Quote: beaky @ 5th November 2016, 3:01 PM

It was to calm him down enough to deal with you, Herc!

Nay lad, I was a happy healthy slim sprog of few summers in those carefree days.

Quote: keewik @ 5th November 2016, 8:50 PM

I've never in my life seen my medical records. Should I be worried?

Well.................... :O

I'm enjoying the series.

There is more good script than I remembered.

I thought it was mainly slapstick but it isn't.

Wow, I remember the one shown yesterday - must have taken some organising.

One terraced house in a row self demolishes after Frank went off in the removal van. Perfect timing!
He falls into a large vat of "molten tar" and emerges to say something - I bet they didn't rehearse that too many times and I can't see that being done now in these H&S times.
And to finish off he falls head first through a ceiling, clutching a cat in his arms.

Everything in that episode except the kitchen sink....................no, hang on he took that with him when he moved out of the old house.

I think that was the main appeal because it was widely known that Crawford did all his own stunts.

I'd love to see a sequel series with Jessica Spencer.

Quote: Natalie Salat @ 8th December 2016, 1:54 PM

I'd love to see a sequel series with Jessica Spencer.

Yeah I would have done too but maybe 20 years ago. She'd be in her 40s now and Frank well into his 70s. The time for doing it was when she was more Frank's age when we first saw him, maybe a bit younger even to still be a single girl wreaking havoc on everyone around her. With the occasional visit from a still agile and accident prone Frank. But then then she may have taken her mother's genes instead, but then there wouldn't be much reason for a sequel sitcom. At this late stage it's probably best for it not to happen, but yes, I think a missed opportunity from the Beeb in the early noughties.

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th March 2016, 9:13 PM

Clearly your either blind, drunk or a homosexual

I think he may well be all these things.

Quote: garyd @ 20th March 2016, 9:48 PM

Michele Dotrice - not half bad as a young lady!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a9bd1f30faa22ebded9190fa98e1f0fb/tumblr_nk4hq4d0V81r1r7rjo1_500.png

Agreed. And that's a nice little thriller available on DVD - And Soon The Darkness.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th November 2017, 12:33 PM

Agreed. And that's a nice little thriller available on DVD - And Soon The Darkness.

Is this when Frank knocks the house down?
Whistling nnocently