ITV sitcom releases, we want more of...

Hi

I would very much like to see more of the following shows released onto DVD

Watching
Surgical Spirit
The Upper Hand

These were 3 of ITV's best sitcoms and I really think they should be released.

I believe Network DVD have started releasing the first 2 but have yet to release any more series of them, which I really hope they do.

Plus Network have yet to start releasing The Upper Hand yet which I really hope they will also.

Does anyone else agree?

Please Please Please Network release more series of these 3 shows.

Surgical Spirit and the second series of Watching only came out recently, so I think it's a bit early to be pleading like that! I'm sure they'll be out though.

And as The Upper Hand was a straight remake of an American show (Who's The Boss?), I doubt it would be down to Network to release it. And a huge rights minefield.

Of course, copies are available, if you know where to look and who to ask!

On the ITV sitcom front I would love to see 'The Fosters' 'Don't Drink the Water' and 'A Sharpe Intake of Breathe' released on DVD.

And as I don't have copies, I'd like to see them too! :D

I really hope they do release more series of Watching and Surgical Spirit Aaron.

They seem to be taking such a long time relasing them. Series 1 of watching came out in 2006. 2 years later series 2 is released. Ive just looked on
Amazon. co.uk and just discovered that Series 1 of Surgical Spirit was released a year next month. Why the such big gaps between releases? They are such funny shows and I really want more of each of the series released.

I hope one day The Upper Hand will be released by someone too.

Please reply Aaron I would be interested in what you think.

Different shows get released at different speeds. Things are getting faster, and more frequent, but up until recently one series a year of any single show would have been considered a blessing.

As we've seen Watching S2 come out after such a long gap though, I think that's fair indication that network have faith in it.

DO YOU THINK nETOWRK dvd WILL RELEASE MORE SERIES OF SURGICAL SPIRIT AND WATCHING AARON?

I REALLY HOPE THEY DO, I THINK THEY ARE FAB AND PLUS THEY WERE 2 OF ITV'S MOST POPULAR SITCOMS.

Oops. That's quite a Caps Lock mishap.

Quote: Richard Saunders @ April 15 2008, 8:52 PM BST

DO YOU THINK nETOWRK dvd WILL RELEASE MORE SERIES OF SURGICAL SPIRIT AND WATCHING AARON?

I REALLY HOPE THEY DO, I THINK THEY ARE FAB AND PLUS THEY WERE 2 OF ITV'S MOST POPULAR SITCOMS.

Yes.

Quote: zooo @ April 15 2008, 8:59 PM BST

Oops. That's quite a Caps Lock mishap.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ April 14 2008, 8:39 PM BST

And as I don't have copies, I'd like to see them too! :D

The first episode of 'Don't Drink the Water' is on the 'On the Buses' series 7 DVD. If you want to see an episode of 'The Fosters' and 'A Sharpe Intake of Breathe' I can only suggest if you find yourself in the Bradford area, which with you living down south I would find unlikely, but if so visit the TV museum there. You can watch episodes of sitcoms for free. Here is there catalogue of comedy shows you can watch: http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Television/TVHeaven_SearchResults.asp?search=&genre=2&submit=Search

Ah, I knew they had some stuff there, thanks. Might have to visit. Have been wondering where to go on holiday this year. :)

Just do what I do and have two weeks in the pub.

I would like to see The Upper Hand released on DVD.

I know that this may be abit of a long shot... but what about ITV's 'Tripper's Day' and 'Slinger's Day'? I loved these two comedies but I also know that they are considered as flops!

Quote: alison2345 @ May 14 2008, 10:59 PM BST

I would like to see The Upper Hand released on DVD.

The girl off that was on that thing with Reece in it!