It Ain't Half Hot Mum Page 4

Quote: lofthouse @ April 12 2013, 10:39 PM BST

I like the Berra (spl?) guy

"you raddy foool!"

"don't be clever dicky!"

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 13 2013, 12:08 AM BST

Bearer I think.

The great Michael Bates.

"There's one very old Hindu proverb which say that when you have cholera and Delhi-belly, and your wife has congress with best friend, it does not stop your house from catching fire"

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I Didn't know Michael Bates was in this! :O He was great in Last of the Summer Wine.

Yes he was blacked up!

Although I seem to recall he was actually born in India...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 10 2013, 10:18 AM BST

I think the fan-man is the guy who played the waiter/manager of the Indian restaurant in OFAH's "Cash & Curry".

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 11 2013, 8:21 AM BST

Now another "Cash & Curry"-man popped up in "It Ain't...". The bearded guy who played Mr. Ram.

I think that was inevitable. The third Indian actor of OFAH's "Cash & Curry" has appeared now as a snake charmer.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 11 2013, 8:21 AM BST

Now another "Cash & Curry"-man popped up in "It Ain't...". The bearded guy who played Mr. Ram.

This Mr. Ram guy (Renu Setna) appeared now for the third time...in three different characters.

And the guy who played Vimmal in OFAH had two appeareances.

I think I need to watch this.

Quote: David Smith @ April 22 2013, 8:54 PM BST

I think I need to watch this.

You certainly do !

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 23 2013, 12:43 AM BST

You certainly do !

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!!!

No, honestly David...go and watch it, it's a guilty pleasure.

I must say the third series is much better than the second, despite the absence of bombardier Solly.

Personally I only truly started to enjoy it at series 5

Series 5 got sillier and a bit zanier

Made it more enjoyable

And more importantly, funnier

I haven't watched this show for a long time. I remember it used to be repeated on BBC1 (or was it UK Gold? (or both?)) in the mid to late 90s and I enjoyed it then. Be interesting to see if it still has the same pull over me now.

Kenneth McDonald's character name is Nobby Clarke. Wasn't that the name of Grandad's gun running friend in OFAH ("I Never Rains")?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 28 2013, 8:25 PM BST

Kenneth McDonald's character name is Nobby Clarke. Wasn't that the name of Grandad's gun running friend in OFAH ("I Never Rains")?

All people with the surname Clark (or Clarke) are traditionally nicknamed "Nobby" in the UK. It originated in the early 19th century from the dressy (or "nobby" meaning smart, elegant or neat - a contraction of the word "noble") clothing worn by clerks, who were originally learned & literate persons .

Quote: Billy Bunter @ April 28 2013, 9:22 PM BST

All people with the surname Clark (or Clarke) are traditionally nicknamed "Nobby" in the UK. It originated in the early 19th century from the dressy (or "nobby" meaning smart, elegant or neat - a contraction of the word "noble") clothing worn by clerks, who were originally learned & literate persons .

Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation! I thought I spotted an homage or something.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ April 28 2013, 9:22 PM BST

All people with the surname Clark (or Clarke) are traditionally nicknamed "Nobby" in the UK.

Are they?? News to me! Learn something every day.