It Ain't Half Hot Mum Page 3

Quote: Badge @ April 9 2013, 10:45 AM BST

Alfred, you should watch repeats of Porridge, it's rather good.

Also Only When I Laugh

Many episodes of Dads Army...

Blackdder Goes Forth.

There's a woman in that.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 9 2013, 12:44 PM BST

There's a woman in that.

And even that one is wearing men's clothing:

;)

But, in support of Alfred's point, the powers-that-be haven't got the balls to re-run All Gas And Gaiters

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 9 2013, 1:05 PM BST

But, in support of Alfred's point, the powers-that-be haven't got the balls to re-run All Gas And Gaiters

..."balls" being the keyword here... ;)

I think the fan-man is the guy who played the waiter/manager of the Indian restaurant in OFAH's "Cash & Curry".
This is the third OFAH-man so far...after "Mike" and "Hoskins". Coincidence?

Coincidence so far as it wasn't planned, yes. Coincidence in so far as they were talented character actors working in Britain in the 1970s and 80s whose skills were favoured by the BBC, no.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 10 2013, 10:18 AM BST

I think the fan-man is the guy who played the waiter/manager of the Indian restaurant in OFAH's "Cash & Curry".
This is the third OFAH-man so far...after "Mike" and "Hoskins". Coincidence?

He pops up in Some Mothers too!

Now another "Cash & Curry"-man popped up in "It Ain't...". The bearded guy who played Mr. Ram.

There were probably less than half a dozen actors of that ethnic background working at the time, so you'll see them a lot as you go back through shows of the period.

After 6 episodes Windsor "Shut up!" Davies' character is still my favourite. WD could have only been replaced by Brian Blessed (voice-wise).

I like the Berra (spl?) guy

"you raddy foool!"

"don't be clever dicky!"

Quote: lofthouse @ April 12 2013, 10:39 PM BST

I like the Berra (spl?) guy

"you raddy foool!"

"don't be clever dicky!"

Bearer I think.

The great Michael Bates.