Spaced US.... Page 2

Thunder dome?

Reason?

A joke?

Quote: Aaron @ April 15 2008, 8:13 PM BST

You mean they're remaking Fawlty Towers?

They did that back in 1999, with a show called Payne, which was about a hotel run by a guy called Royal Payne. Actually, the makers even wanted John Cleese to star in one episode, as the owner of a rival hotel, who was really pleasant, and the complete opposite of Basil Fawlty, but the show was cancelled before they did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDsdBB1LUto

That looked very promising, is it a hit over there yet? Must be, judging from that one clip. Looks very faithful to the original too, especially the characters and their dialogue. I can see that being big over there, like The Office.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 6 2010, 3:30 PM GMT

That looked very promising, is it a hit over there yet?

I assume you're being sarcastic, as that video is a steaming pile of crap. It never aired and I seem to remember that they (thankfully) pulled the plug on the project.

Quote: DaButt @ March 6 2010, 3:16 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDsdBB1LUto

What is this???

Please tell me this is a joke. This was posted in July 2009, is it just a web show?

I love this comment in the comment section: It's like that Seinfeld where Elaine hangs out with the stupid, bland versions of everyone.

Quote: DaButt @ March 6 2010, 3:40 PM GMT

I assume you're being sarcastic, as that video is a steaming pile of crap. It never aired and I seem to remember that they (thankfully) pulled the plug on the project.

I read that they pulled the plug on it as well. Whew, scared me!

Quote: deckard @ March 6 2010, 3:44 PM GMT

What is this???

Please tell me this is a joke. This was posted in July 2009, is it just a web show?

I assume it's part of the pilot. Dreadful stuff.

I heard that it was stopped before it made it to air.

Please tell me this is true. That video was sacrilege.

Quote: sglen @ March 6 2010, 3:45 PM GMT

I heard that it was stopped before it made it to air.

Please tell me this is true. That video was sacrilege.

To the best of my knowledge, it never aired.

The first episode of The (U.S.) Office was a pale imitation of the original, but it soon found its own legs and took off in a different (and hilarious) direction. This remake of Spaced almost seems to have been trying to be sucky and lifeless.

Never aired, that clip is from the actor playing Brian who I assume posted it as a resume/tape reel kinda thing. I'm also pretty sure there have been 2 attempts and making an American Spaced, I would think this was the latest one that McG was tied to and Edgar Wright was upset about.