Comedy Sketchbook

Pretty good this, not cutting the sketches short or anything, as far as I can tell anyway.

Wish I'd paid more attention to it from the start.

Quote: Leevil @ April 9 2008, 11:20 PM BST

Pretty good this, not cutting the sketches short or anything, as far as I can tell anyway.

Lots are being cut but still lots of interesting stuff that's not usually shown. That Jamaican Dr Who sketch was great

A few good ones yeah.

Some woeful jokes from Deayton though - my god.

What are you talking about?
Is this a TV show?

COMEDY: Comedy Sketchbook
On: BBC 1
Date: Wednesday 9th April 2008
Time: 22:40 to 23:30

Angus Deayton delves into the archives to bring together a collection of the finest TV comedy sketches from the past 40 years. Featuring sketches famous and obscure from Dick Emery, The Fast Show, Kenneth Williams, Catherine Tate, Lenny Henry, Mitchell and Webb, Dead Ringers, Morecambe and Wise, Not the Nine O'Clock News and many more.

(That's a yes.)

Quote: zooo @ April 10 2008, 12:02 AM BST

What are you talking about?
Is this a TV show?

It was the mention of Dr Who that got you, wasn't it?

Well... yes. :)

I didn't even know this was on. I am very unobservant today.

And it's not even repeated. iPlayer, if you're interested enough.

I will.

I am, I mean.
Whatever. :)

Yeah, some good ones. Les Dawson/walking piano sketch, Dick Emery and Naked Video. Surprisingly, no Two Ronnies or Python yet. Maybe next week.

Yeah, I thought they put a decent level of effort into finding some fairly obscure sketches and that was nice to see. It could have done without Deayton though.

A fair amount of stuff I'd never seen which makes it a relevant programme to make. We know the classics - let's just see some funny stuff from way back and becomes a whole new experience.

I enjoyed it but found it simukltaneously depressing since it reminded me that the current crop of sketch shows are pretty poor compared with the likes of The Fast Show and Not The Nine O'Clock News. Also, it reminded me how good Rowan Atkinson used to be before he apparently gave up comedy to count his money in his mansion.

Look for Rowan's standup stuff on Youtube. His 'Indian Restaurant' sketch is superb.

Not had chance to watch it yet, although I may have already seen it - Rowan Live.