The Wall on BBC Three Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ April 9 2008, 5:33 PM BST

I've ... *gets ready to hide* ... never seen him in anything else.

The character of Swiss Toni originally featured in The Smell Of Reeves & Mortimer, where he was trying to sell a car to the two Pats (the men who wore bras).

Oh god I love the men in bras. Absolute genius.

Aaron, do you mean you've not seen Rhys Thomas in anything else?

That is also correct. I think.

*looks up his filmography*

Well, a few other things. But that's the only show I have any recollection of him in.

Aha, a repeat is starting now. My bad.

Jonathan Ross has a potty mouth! (If I may be American for a moment.)

And Alexa Chung is about to make an appearance elsewhere...

... in your dreams?

I saw a bit of this but then watched something else, think it was the Lakes. Anyway the bits I saw were good. I saw Ryhs ask 'you've had sex with a rock star' to Chung which was hilarious and also the 'indian' guy talking about sex.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 10 2008, 4:48 AM BST

... in your dreams?

No, here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/6643 :)

Rhys was also in 'Nathan Barley' playing... 'Toby'? I think. "You pair of... towels."

I only saw the last ten minutes but they were a poor ten minutes. The Indian guy might have been funny if he'd put a bit more time and effort into his material, which seemed pretty lazy. The same goes for the guy in the car.

I do however find myself increasingly attracted to Alexa Chung, but in a vaguely unhealthy way since she's got the emaciated body of an Auschwitz survivor.

Quote: chipolata @ April 10 2008, 12:09 PM BST

Alexa Chung (has) the emaciated body of an Auschwitz survivor.

LOL.

Someone get this girl a roast dinner - stat!

Yeah, she could do with some meat inside her.

Oh sweet f**king JESUS that was bad. I mean, really, REALLY bad. I know these kinds of shows are largely dependent on the artistes in each individual episode, but this was absolutely, without a doubt, the WORST piece of television I have ever had the misfortune to sit through. The Wall puts Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps on par with Fawlty Towers. A show so bad that not even the fact it ended gave it any merit. Really, a new low point for television.

Of course, special mention must go to We Are Klang, for being marginally less funny than an Ian Huntley biopic.

Most shows, even if I don't like them personally, I can see SOME worth in. But this, ugh, the most liberal usage of the word "comedy" I have ever, ever seen.

Someone should swing for this.

(P.S. I'm 20; presumably well within the target audience age range.)

Laughing out loud

I know in the 10 minutes I saw, Rhys Thomas said something funny to Jonathan Ross.
I just can't remember what it was.
I'm still gonna watch it all on iplayer! I'm a glutton for punishment.