Saxondale - Third series?

Anyone heard about a possible 3rd Series?

I miss Tommy & co. :(

I don't really miss them, although I enjoyed the show, it wasn't by far the highlight of the week.

As for you question; I'm not sure? I'm sure though Mark has a list of commissioned and recommissioned shows somewhere.

Also, moving to British Sitcoms.

The character's a bit flat really. Would be perfectly happy having never seen the show at all, to be honest. It's nothing special in the slightest.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I think Steve Coogan is a rare talent and I applause most of what he does.

I suppose you either get it .... or you don't!

Personal opinions aside, I'd still like to hear about rumours of a 3rd series.

Thanks

Got to ask yourself though, if it wasn't a Coogan vehicle (no pun intended), would it have even got to the commissioner's desk?

.. doesn't matter, it works, people enjoy it & that counts for something. He is "believable" in his roles.

Quote: SivoxII @ April 8 2008, 11:40 AM BST

.. doesn't matter, it works, people enjoy it & that counts for something.

I don't think enough people enjoyed it to get a third series. Certainly the viewing figures were pretty mediocre, and I think they'd pretty much explored everything there was to explore about the character in those two series. I admire your optimism, though.

It's better than the majority of shitcoms that have been broadcast, over the last few years. My only disappointment with the show, is the way the writers just seemed to abandon the whole anger-management thing, in the second series - even though they still started every episode with Tommy attending his group therapy classes. Then again, I did miss one or two episodes of the last series, so maybe they didn't abandon the story completely.

Quote: catskillz @ April 8 2008, 2:10 PM BST

It's better than the majority of shitcoms that have been broadcast, over the last few years.

Perhaps Saxondale is of a slightly higher standard 'intellectually' (which doesn't really matter in comedy IMO), but My Hero was funnier.

There was a scene in the second sereis of Saxondale where he and his assistant, forgot his name...Rasmus something? are sitting in a car and a yougart pot splats against the window. Saxobndale says "Dirty Bastards." I almost wet myself I laughed so much, but I dont even know why it was funny. Huh?

Rasmus Hardiker. That's the actor's name anyway. Character is Raymond, according to Wikipedia.

I enjoyed Saxondale, like most it's not his best work but made me laugh here and there. Did the job!

Excellent casting to.

i enjoyed it, certainly not his best work by a long way.

seemed a slightly odd choice for coogan. why put at risk his tv reputaion when he was going to LA anyway?

Quote: Aaron @ April 9 2008, 10:07 AM BST

Rasmus Hardiker. That's the actor's name anyway. Character is Raymond, according to Wikipedia.

Traitor! What's wrong with looking at the guide on this website? :P

Quote: catskillz @ April 8 2008, 2:10 PM BST

My only disappointment with the show, is the way the writers just seemed to abandon the whole anger-management thing

As it happens, I liked the second series more than the first, probably because Tommy became more likable when they did indeed drop the emphasis on the whole anger thing.

Quote: Mark @ April 9 2008, 10:39 AM BST

Traitor! What's wrong with looking at the guide on this website? :P

Laziness, basically!